Customer Service 866.965.0400

IPA Use

Corners

Question

The IPA I buy is a 70% solution. I have used it full strength and also diluted it 50/50. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't notice any difference.

Also, while doing a minute correction pertaining to swirl or scratchs, once corrected with the proper products and wiped down with a MF towel, before I apply a sealant should I go over the car with IPA to first remove the correction products?

2 answers to this question

depends on what the final polish you used was. sometimes FMP will leave minor polishing oils behind even after you wipe it off. Revive is a cleaner polish, which has been known to clean these polishing oils from the surface. so if your last step was FMP, go over the surface with IPA or Revive. if you used Revive last, then pick your LSP poison :thumbsup:

depends on what the final polish you used was. sometimes FMP will leave minor polishing oils behind even after you wipe it off. Revive is a cleaner polish, which has been known to clean these polishing oils from the surface. so if your last step was FMP, go over the surface with IPA or Revive. if you used Revive last, then pick your LSP poison :thumbsup:

Tks Ryan! IPA, to me, seems to be the easiest way to go. However, Revive as you know is a hand polish. Have never tried it but thought about it, meaning can you spread that with a PC pad and then wipe it off?

I know Revive is by far the best product on the market for taking out scratches on a motorcycle windshield. About a year ago I had my Harley all detailed but the W/Shield scratches were terrible. Read the instructions, applied it, wiped it off and I had what use to be a very used W/Shield that quickly became one that was like looking through clear glass. :2thumbs: