Customer Service 866.965.0400

Double Soft vs Single Soft Microfiber Towels

Vink70

Question

So Im going to order this weekend due to the shipping discount...

Do I NEED the double soft? Mainly taking off the waxes, and the fine hand polish or the glaze. I have 1 double soft and then have to revert to some no name brand microfibers and im not a fan of that. Would I be better off getting 2 of the double soft for $30 or getting the 4 single soft for $30?

would the single soft do the removal process just as well as the doubles?

I am also going to order 1 great white drying towel as well as the waterless wash kit. Question on the waterless wash kits.... do most of you use that more than your detail spray. Can it be thought of as a detail spray basically? I use it quite a bit and im getting 2 waterless towels.

Let me know what you think on the order and the single vs the double...

thanks

23 answers to this question

I would get the single softs. I am just learning this and the single softs are a lot handier. I think I have 4 doubles and 8 singles. With you are having one I would go for the deal that just you the most towels.

Do I NEED the double soft? No, personal preference. Mainly taking off the waxes, and the fine hand polish or the glaze. I have 1 double soft and then have to revert to some no name brand microfibers and im not a fan of that. Would I be better off getting 2 of the double soft for $30 or getting the 4 single soft for $30? I would get 4 singles...there is absolutely no performance difference between the two towels. Both are awesome towels, and share one unique quality. They both won't marr you're paint...which is the only thing that matters performance wise.

would the single soft do the removal process just as well as the doubles? Yes

I am also going to order 1 great white drying towel as well as the waterless wash kit. Question on the waterless wash kits.... do most of you use that more than your detail spray. I don't, I use the detail spray more. I prefer to do a 2 bucket once a week, an call it good. Can it be thought of as a detail spray basically? I use it quite a bit and im getting 2 waterless towels. Both have their uses. The difference is the Waterless Wash has cleaning agents in it, and the Detail Spray is mainly used for a quick interior/exterior touch-up on lightly dusty surfaces, and my favorite as a drying agent. Waterless Wash can also be used as a drying agent if you prefer, and I also use it to clean-up the door jambs. It's main purpose is substituting a 2 bucket wash on those days your car is not dirty enough to warrant one. You would want at least 4 WW towels to do a complete wipe down of the vehicle IMO.

thanks

Answered.

I wash mine regularly. Usually once a week or more often if they get dirty. 90% of the time my car is only dirty from dust and bugs since I keep it so clean so often. I was thinking I would be using the waterless wash instead of using the spray detailer to take off the dust right before I go for a cruise. Which to me that sounds like where the waterless wash is used most? to knock the dust off and give it some shine back vs driving around with a dusty car?

Do you use the detail spray more for clay bar and drying or do you use it for taking the dust off?

Only reason I suggested 2 towels is because my car "the main focus" is not big by any means. I could probably dry it with one drying towel. So thats why I figured I would get the 2 waterless wash towels that come in the kit and call it good. That is if I decide to get the waterless wash kit... Its either I get that or a gallon of detail spray. Im just trying to figure out which one I need.

I prefer single soft for everything. I find that all my doubt soft towels leave lent on the car. I've tried to wash them separately, boil them, hand wash them nothing ever helps so I just stopped using them.

Single soft towels... never had a problem and they are cheaper.

Do I NEED the double soft? Mainly taking off the waxes, and the fine hand polish or the glaze. I have 1 double soft and then have to revert to some no name brand microfibers and im not a fan of that. Would I be better off getting 2 of the double soft for $30 or getting the 4 single soft for $30?

would the single soft do the removal process just as well as the doubles?

I am also going to order 1 great white drying towel as well as the waterless wash kit. Question on the waterless wash kits.... do most of you use that more than your detail spray. Can it be thought of as a detail spray basically? I use it quite a bit and im getting 2 waterless towels.

thanks

Vincent AND Jim: If you guys need a couple of towels just send me an e-mail to my home. Let me know if you need the GWT or the SWT. Also if you need a bottle or two of product let me know. No charge, no shipping. Juse need your address and No, don't put it up on here.

Getting started in this business is spendy. I've been fortunate enough to buy more than I will ever use.

sent. thank you.

Vincent, that's a heck of a nice offer. In the future sometime, when you become an Adam's expert...don't forget to pay it forward sometime:rockon:

Vincent, that's a heck of a nice offer. In the future sometime, when you become an Adam's expert...don't forget to pay it forward sometime:rockon:

You have no idea, So far I think I sent him thank you about 10 times in the email and another 3-4 times in a PM.

Between reading this post I made and the gift everyone gave to Damien... I can say I have never been on a forum thats this nice.

sent. thank you.

Sorry for not getting right back to you. I had the urge to get the oil flowing in my Harley so I took a short ride.

I received your e-mail and answered it. Waiting for your reply.

Just a suggestion - if you don't know how to properly clean any of the towels, go on the forum where you will find all that information out. Ya gotta take care of them and they will take care of you. :patriot:

Sorry for not getting right back to you. I had the urge to get the oil flowing in my Harley so I took a short ride.

I received your e-mail and answered it. Waiting for your reply.

Just a suggestion - if you don't know how to properly clean any of the towels, go on the forum where you will find all that information out. Ya gotta take care of them and they will take care of you. :patriot:

Replied again, This guy is top notch awesome. Never expected to come to the forum today and see this. Hands down best forum I have ever been on.

Replied again, This guy is top notch awesome. Never expected to come to the forum today and see this. Hands down best forum I have ever been on.

Top notch? Awesome? Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't let that get out. Took me a long time to get the reputation I currently have. :D

I wash mine regularly. Usually once a week or more often if they get dirty. 90% of the time my car is only dirty from dust and bugs since I keep it so clean so often. I was thinking I would be using the waterless wash instead of using the spray detailer to take off the dust right before I go for a cruise. Which to me that sounds like where the waterless wash is used most? to knock the dust off and give it some shine back vs driving around with a dusty car?

Do you use the detail spray more for clay bar and drying or do you use it for taking the dust off?

Only reason I suggested 2 towels is because my car "the main focus" is not big by any means. I could probably dry it with one drying towel. So thats why I figured I would get the 2 waterless wash towels that come in the kit and call it good. That is if I decide to get the waterless wash kit... Its either I get that or a gallon of detail spray. Im just trying to figure out which one I need.

Vincent: If you can use a bottle of the waterless wash, green wheel cleaner, car shampoo, In & Out Spray, detail spray and a can of quick sealant, I'll put those in with the towels I'm sending.

Vincent: Have to apologize to you. Didn't get your "gift" package mailed yesterday but I now headed down to ship it out. Had to many irons in the fire yesterday.

Enjoy!

post-3392-136818077124_thumb.jpg

post-3392-13681807713_thumb.jpg

post-3392-136818077134_thumb.jpg

post-3392-136818077138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Corners

Vincent: If you can use a bottle of the waterless wash, green wheel cleaner, car shampoo, In & Out Spray, detail spray and a can of quick sealant, I'll put those in with the towels I'm sending.

You are about to earn yourself Incredible along with amazing and top notch. You bet i could use that stuff. Looks like a lot of the list I was just about to order!!!!!!!! You are one of a kind ( in a nice way) :cheers:

You are about to earn yourself Incredible along with amazing and top notch. You bet i could use that stuff. Looks like a lot of the list I was just about to order!!!!!!!! You are one of a kind ( in a nice way) :cheers:

:help: There went my Harley rider reputation right down the drain.

:help: There went my Harley rider reputation right down the drain.

I really cant thank you enough. This forum is one of the most giving forums I have ever seen. I emailed you back and if you could help me out with that list I would try to be more appreciative but i dont know if that is possible.

My orange paint is going to SHINE!!!!!!!!!

I told my girlfriend about this and she was like do you know him? nope, did you get him a gift card or a thank you? I told her i dont think I could say thank you any more than I have. she came back with a, it just goes to show that there are some really nice people out there still, followed by a, since we are at lunch right now, im going to buy the table next to us dessert. she is awesome. And since you are sending me this stuff, I really cant wait to help someone else out with it. kindness is contagious! this forum proves it!

I really cant thank you enough. This forum is one of the most giving forums I have ever seen. I emailed you back and if you could help me out with that list I would try to be more appreciative but i dont know if that is possible.

My orange paint is going to SHINE!!!!!!!!!

I told my girlfriend about this and she was like do you know him? nope, did you get him a gift card or a thank you? I told her i dont think I could say thank you any more than I have. she came back with a, it just goes to show that there are some really nice people out there still, followed by a, since we are at lunch right now, im going to buy the table next to us dessert. she is awesome. And since you are sending me this stuff, I really cant wait to help someone else out with it. kindness is contagious! this forum proves it!

Again, no thanks needed Vincet. After you spend a couple of days thoroughly detailing your ride, you will probably be cussing me. :lolsmack:

Please, "no" gift card required. Sounds like you have a really nice girlfriend. Please convey my tks for her paying for that dessert. I'm sure the other people will be very pleased.

You two have a great day/Memorial day. ;)

Just make sure you send the forum some pictures of that Orange car. :thumbsup:

Edited by Corners

Wow Bill ... you are awesome!

Tks Tim! Awsome? - no, just know what it feels like to want or need things to do something you enjoy doing and money is tight.

My very first order through Adam's was well over $1,000+ and I just keep buying more and more. It's pretty bad, due to the weather, that I have to store a lot of the products in my den.

After now having just a small "trail" to get to my computer, decided if somebody needed help, this will also help me. :D

This helps me INSANELY. I thought spending $400 to get started was enough. Now im playing catch up. It all adds up so fast.

I think at one time, for the most part, everybody on the forum started out with just a few basic items of Adam's.

Just keep an eye out for the "special's" that Dylan posts. Ya save a lot of money by doing that - unless you buy each week.

Basically it just depends on how often you are going to detail your DD and if you plan on doing any vehicles for your friends, as to how many products you really need to have.

I just finished boxing up everything I'm sending you and as I said, it will go out Tuesday. Let me know if it arrives okay and none of the bottled products are broken. I'll wrap the towels for you so they won't get any minute cardboard particles on them. Enjoy! :cheers: