Customer Service 866.965.0400

First PC

M.YANCEY

Question

Hey guys I am new to the detailing with a mechine, I have a new F150 and I have seen a ton of small wash scratchs that you need to have the light just right to see. You can't fill them with your nail but you can see them. What is it going to take to remove them? I need some help with the right set up to buy. I have watched all the videos and you guys make it look easy but I have never used a PC and I don't wont to damage my paint on my new truck.. Thanks for the help guys.

10 answers to this question

Michael, those little `wash scratches`are called swirls. Thes best way for you to remove those would to buy this Kit Adam's Complete Porter Cable 7424 XP Polisher Kit (this kit it a bit expenssive, but it gives you everything you need)

First you would clay the car, then tape off a 2`x 2` test area and polish this area. Start with the least agressive method first) FMP and a white pad, if this doesn`t remove the polish step it up to SHR/orange. If that doesn`t work step it up to the SSR/Green pad.

If the green pad works you must follow up with SHR/orange pad, FMP/white pad.

Remember the PC is not a flex or rotary, it needs to more very slowly and you must apply enough pressure. If you don`t correct the 2`x 2` using proper techinque, you wont correct the rest of the car.

Edited by Mook@Adams
fixed.

If the green pad works you must follow up with SSR/orange pad, FMP/white pad.

He meant SHR and an orange pad... easy to get twisted around all the acronyms. If you ever forget, keep in mind that the products and pads are colors coded. Green with Green, Orange with Orange, etc etc etc.

BlueGen is 100%. You can get amazing results with these products. Watch the video's...again...and hang out here. You will be stunned! :2thumbs:

Thanks guys for the info! The scratchs are more like you wipe the truck with the wrong type rag not like swirls more like spyder webs? There is one on the hood is about 5'' long the only way you see it is in my shop under florsent lights they drive me crazy. I worked on 2 of the worst ones buy hand and after 2 days I did remove them. It has got to be a better way ha ha..

He meant SHR and an orange pad... easy to get twisted around all the acronyms. If you ever forget, keep in mind that the products and pads are colors coded. Green with Green, Orange with Orange, etc etc etc.

BlueGen is 100%. You can get amazing results with these products. Watch the video's...again...and hang out here. You will be stunned! :2thumbs:

OK guys I ordered the the starter kit today, and some extra detail spray. I can't wait to get it and learn how you PRO'S make that paint look sooooo good. I am going slow this is a new truck and I don't wont to damage the paint..

OK guys I ordered the the starter kit today, and some extra detail spray. I can't wait to get it and learn how you PRO'S make that paint look sooooo good. I am going slow this is a new truck and I don't wont to damage the paint..

Michael,

Machine polishing is the only way to achieve flawless paint, and its just like anything else practice makes perfect!:2thumbs:Make sure you post up some pics!

I myself will hopefully have my new F150...and I cannot WAIT to get it detailed right especially since it is the tuxedo black!! That flake in the paint it going to GLEAM!!

Honestly like the Junkman said in his videos....the only way you will hurt your paint with a PC is to basically drop it on the paint. It being a new car the best thing to do is learn the two bucket wash, followed by claying the car (if needed) and as others have said start with the Fine Machine Polish. Look up The Junkman on the forum (junkman2008) and watch his videos. He pretty much covers everything from washing, claying, buffing, and sealing your paint.

Learn from the videos before starting on the car so you have some kind of reference to go by. Adam also has some videos of how to use each product. Some here on the forum don't use a machine and are very happy hand polishing their cars. Whichever you chose...post some pictures of before and after!

:welcomebanner: to the sickness!:cheers:

Edited by PrinceValium

Yes I have watched all the videos on the website. You are getting a black truck..you are brave lol lol..My truck in race red and that is hard enough to keep clean. Good luck with your New Ride..

Yes I have watched all the videos on the website. You are getting a black truck..you are brave lol lol..My truck in race red and that is hard enough to keep clean. Good luck with your New Ride..

IMO there is nothing that looks better than black when it is clean!

Did you see the Junkman's videos too? He has a bunch of them...it will take you awhile to go through them and I recommend going through the technique videos several times. Look up junkman2008 on the forum them to the right click on all statistics and then on the left all threads by junkman2008. Good luck!

:welcomebanner: I had an F-150 when I first started using Adam's (not that it has much bearing on anything) but after I started using Adam's I was surprised at how many times people would ask if it was a new truck, even when it was almost 5 years old. Anyway, I had never used a PC before purchasing from Adam and was leary about using it. No need to worry. The PC works great and it would be hard to damage paint using it, also Adam's products are so gentle that they are formulated to not damage the finish, so buy and use with confidence, and you'll be getting great looking results in no time.