Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC questions

msb7144

Question

I am newly in love with all my Adams products but I have a few questions about the usage of the All Purpose Cleaner...

1 When using APC to get bugs off the front of the car should it be diluted?

2 If you use it for bug removal, does it take the polish, wax, galze etc off?

3 Since its called All Purpose cleaner can it be used on household items?ex. like to clean your shower (lol, thats the only ex that came to mind)

2 answers to this question

I am newly in love with all my Adams products but I have a few questions about the usage of the All Purpose Cleaner...

1 When using APC to get bugs off the front of the car should it be diluted?

It's 100% safe on clear coat...but remember, least aggressive method first. You can use it at full strength, but try something like 4:1 first. (4:1 in a 16 oz bottle would be approx 12.8 oz water/3.2 oz APC) Soak the area down, let dwell for a minute or so, and rinse off. If you have WW or Car Shampoo it's a better bug option, because it won't remove LSP.

2 If you use it for bug removal, does it take the polish, wax, galze etc off?

Yes, at higher dillution levels. I've used 6 oz in a suds gun before (26 oz water), and the Quick Sealant was still bedaing like I had just applied it.

3 Since its called All Purpose cleaner can it be used on household items?ex. like to clean your shower (lol, thats the only ex that came to mind)

Yes, you can use it in the house also. I prefer an anti-bacterial household cleaner that I can get locally. But yes, you can.

Answered

WELCOME!

You can use APC to clean the front of your car, but it's pretty harsh, even diluted. Try Waterless Wash first.

Yes, APC will strip everything from your paint. It's even suggested to use it as a "strip wash" when you purposely want to remove everything from the surface.

Yes, APC can be used for all kinds of household things. Just test in an inconspicuous area first. DS and Glass Cleaner is great in the house as well. So is Carpet Cleaner.

:2thumbs: