Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need help with first purchase.

Camaro70

Question

I have a 2012 camaro and I want to make the car look nice. It is a daily driver so I need something that will keep the car looking the best for the longest amount of time. I also have matte black vinyl stripes on the car so what do I need to keep that looking good. I have a carport so it gets dirty very fast. Its white and it seems impossible to keep clean. The dealer washed the car and by the time that we were done with the paperwork,(very fast compared to other purchases) it was already dirty again. I get a lot of little bugs on the front bumper so is there a special method to getting them off easily? I don't mind doing it by hand and I don't want to spend more than $200. Planning on doing a good cleaning every two weeks and every other week a quick cleaning. Planning on ordering tonight! Thanks for the help!

8 answers to this question

I would start with the quick sealant,Americana paste wax and Definately SVRT. Revive would be a good choice also. Of course with some single soft microfiber towels.waterless wash is great with the blue waffle towels and last but not least some detail spray! I could go on and on but check out all the videos they were very helpful when I started out and contain a lot of helpful knowledge as well as this forum! You are in the right place if you wanna keep your car looking good!

With a $200 budget, this is what I'd do. Others may recommend differently, but this should be a good starting point. The best deals are always with the kits.

I'd start with Adam's Basic Wash & Wax Kit ($99.95) This will get you a bucket with grit guard, as well as a wash pad and shampoo. It also gives you a Great White Drying Towel and Detail Spray for drying the car. The proper wash method involves at least two buckets and usually a second wash pad, so assuming you already own a regular 5 gallon bucket, all you'd need is another Adam's Grit Guard Insert ($9.95) and Adam's JUMBO Professional Car Wash Pad ($10.95). To be completely honest though, with a white car it will be very hard to see any swirls, so if you want to skip the second grit guard until you can afford it, you might be able to get away with doing single bucket washes.

For a daily driver you'll want some good protection, so pick up Adam's Quick Sealant Kit ($29.95). This is a fast and easy to apply paint sealant, that can always be topped with the Buttery Wax you get with the wash and wax kit. You'll also want Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Kit ($34.95). This will keep your tires and trim looking nice. The SVRT can also be used to treat your stripes. Be sure to read this thread and watch the video in it: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/12124.htm.

So far the total is $185.75, so with the last $15 or so you can pick up a can of Adam's In & Out Spray Dressing ($14.95). This stuff is amazing on trim in hard to apply areas such as grills, and as soon as you use it you'll fall in love. Be sure to use a forum discount code and you can get 10% off your order. There's a lot more you can add, like interior products, glass cleaner, waterless wash, etc. but just keep an eye on the daily specials and add them as you can afford it. What I listed should give you a good starting point for weekly maintenance.

"The junkman" is one of the discount codes ;)

Do not think his code is valid anymore. There is a forum discount you get also.

Also if you are on a budget, stick to it. You can go crazy here with all the products you can get. Take your time and see what you need the most and add on later as needed.

Ooh-ooh-ooooh!

Don't forget about checking with a local dealer. Most offer the same specials that are on the website, and you can often 'test drive' something before buying it - "Hey I like that SVRT, but how do you apply it and how will it look on my tires?" (A little Tom Sawyer and painting the fence there :D). Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA