Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member from CT.

Stockguy

I'm new to Adam's products and just getting started. I have purchased the 2 bucket wash system and love the detail spray. I have a new 2012 corvette (my first vette) and I'm not sure which waxes on polishes I should start with on a brand new car. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome Bob.

Depending on the condition of the paint and if your using a machine or hand, I would suggest getting the pc or flex kit with all the polishes and pads.

For wax, I would suggest getting the Americana. I Love it. Adams now has Large or small container of Americana.

Welcome Bob!

The polish and wax/sealant selection is dependent on if you have or are planning to purchase a machine (PC or Flex).

If you have a machine then one of the machine polishing kits are the best value - Adam's Complete Polishing Accessory Kit. If you want to purchase a machine this is a good start - Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424 XP Polisher Kit. If you are starting with hand polishing then the Adam's Hand Polish Combo is a great place to start. All the hand polish items can be used if you move up a machine.

As for wax, is this a daily driver or a garage queen? For DD, the sealants provide the longest protection - MSS must be applied with a machine, QS just sprays on, but does not last as long. If this is your "fun' car, then Buttery or Americana will probably be fine. If you really like waxing the car, then Buttery will be the best choice as it needs to be applied about every month, while Americana should last 2-3 months.

All the answers may have prompted more questions, so please ask away - there are lots of friendly, helpful folks on here.

Welcome Bob

I live in West Haven, so if your travels ever bring you down this way feel free to contact me and I'd be more than happy to help you out in person and show you some tips