Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC Polishing, not perfect?

Gotallofthem

Question

Ok, so after reading another thread I found the follwoing quote by Adam:

"Adrian, good memory, and YES, I would start with the Flex, especially if you have a dark vehicle, or plan to detail more than one vehicle twice/ year.

The Flex is not going to cause damage, and getting comfortable with the machine on a learner vehicle is advisable with either machine. (Rental car, mini-van, old cruddy vehicle, etc.)

The PC simply will not make dark paint perfect, and the Flex will, with less vibration. I suggest the PC on silver, white, or light colored vehicles, and ones that are rarely polished. The Flex brings the finish to perfect quickly, easily, and doesn't vibrate!

So, my advice: If you are a perfectionist, and want a perfect finish on a dark vehicle, skip the PC, and roll with the Flex.

I am really disappointed if this is the case; I purchased a PC along with a "ton" of products from Adams, with the goal of making my brand new 2013 car, "perfect"(as perfect is it can be that is).

I have only managed to use some of the washing detailing items so far (liquids). I used the PC for the first time yesterday to get a simple feel for the unit on a family friends car. His car was really old and I just wanted to try a little wet sand on a panel and see if a scratch would come out with the 4 focus and SSHR.(once again to get a feel).

I will not be able to actually start a correction on my car until this weekend. As currently I do not have a garage, and my driveway is right under 2 trees that keep dropping pollen and some little green flowers all over my car and would be impossible to try to polish.(ugggg)

So I purchased a 10x20 tent, so I can do my polishing this weekend (hopefully). But now I must say once again, just by reading that comment/quote above, my excitement has been dashed a bit. The thought of doing a lot of hard work and not being able to get the right awesome correction on my car. (regretting the PC purchase instead of the flex right now)

So my question is: How can I get a "perfect" correction on my car, that does not involve purchasing another machine, as once again I just got the PC. Any thoughts? Was Adam's quote overblown? Is it possible to get a perfect correction with the PC?

Do I need to purchase some stronger more abrasive compounds to use with my unit? Will I need to use more passes? Has anyone used the PC on a DARK Paint and have been able to achieve a "perfect" correction?

12 answers to this question

I believe you can get perfect with a PC, provided there isn't any serious damage already on the paint. it will just take more time than with a "Flex"

I have a dark blue camaro and it is my daily driver. I use the PC on my finish and am very happy with the results I get. It is not absolutely perfect but it is pretty darn good! If I wanted perfect, I would have to park the car for a week or two and work on it every day. It takes some patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using my PC for a good 2 years now and I can get damn near close to perfect on dark cars. I know one vehicle I got perfect was on my wife's Envoy and I was very impressed with it. Granted, it will take quite a bit longer with the PC, but it is possible. I do plan on buying a Flex here in the near future.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

Don't be discouraged. You can get a good finish with any machine, but with a dark colored car you see a lot more imperfections and it will drive you insane(at least it does with me). I used a PC a few times and didn't like it just bc of the amount of time, effort and passes needed to get what I felt was perfection.

A lot of people are happy with the PC, but for avid detailer if they had to choose the flex or PC, I think 99.9% of the time they will take the FLEX.

If your really regreting buying the PC, you have a couple options. 1 try and sell it on here. It will sell quick. 2 speak with Ashley and take advantage of the 110%money back gaurantee.

My suggestion to you is, try it out. If you don't like it then do what I mentioned above.

I believe you can get perfect with a PC, provided there isn't any serious damage already on the paint. it will just take more time than with a "Flex"

I have a dark blue camaro and it is my daily driver. I use the PC on my finish and am very happy with the results I get. It is not absolutely perfect but it is pretty darn good! If I wanted perfect, I would have to park the car for a week or two and work on it every day. It takes some patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well in terms of damage, it certainly isn't a really old car that's never been touched. But considering I'v only had it for about a month it does have water marks, bird etching, scratches (some fine some deeper), a chip, some holograms (guess the guy who cleaned this prior to me picking it up), and a bunch of swirls.

I have been using my PC for a good 2 years now and I can get damn near close to perfect on dark cars. I know one vehicle I got perfect was on my wife's Envoy and I was very impressed with it. Granted, it will take quite a bit longer with the PC, but it is possible. I do plan on buying a Flex here in the near future.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

So you were able to get really good results with the PC just required more passes sounds good.

Don't be discouraged. You can get a good finish with any machine, but with a dark colored car you see a lot more imperfections and it will drive you insane(at least it does with me). I used a PC a few times and didn't like it just bc of the amount of time, effort and passes needed to get what I felt was perfection.

A lot of people are happy with the PC, but for avid detailer if they had to choose the flex or PC, I think 99.9% of the time they will take the FLEX.

If your really regreting buying the PC, you have a couple options. 1 try and sell it on here. It will sell quick. 2 speak with Ashley and take advantage of the 110%money back gaurantee.

My suggestion to you is, try it out. If you don't like it then do what I mentioned above.

Thanks for your comments, I can't wait to get my tent in this week so I can try and fix my car. These damn water marks and bird marking and swirls are killing me.

I will try and take some pictures before I start, and post and then take some pics when complete. I don't have a good high end camera, so I hope my phone can catch some good pictures.

I guess then I will be able to see how satisfied I am with the results. (although I know nothing short of perfection will satisfy my need, damn this OCD, and desire to have things perfect:pc:)

I am in the same boat, I dropped some cash too and if someone would have just said " hey you have a black car you need the flex" than I would have just bit the bullet and went that route. I don't mind spending the time, but if I go to the garage again to correct the car and tell my wife that it may take a 100 plus hours for perfection than I may not be married anymore.

Heck, I have almost thought about just painting my whole car synergy green because that may be quicker and cheaper to maintain in the long run!

Hey those of you guys that wish you got a flex, might be in luck. I Will be selling mine once I get the Spindle/Shaft replaced and do some maintenance on it...Keep you eyes open :D

That's me, that's me!! Dibs! :jester:

Hey those of you guys that wish you got a flex, might be in luck. I Will be selling mine once I get the Spindle/Shaft replaced and do some maintenance on it...Keep you eyes open :D

And then what another flex?

Just did this beat up 15 year old car with a PC this weekend! "Tell me this isn’t Fantastic, and with only 2 passes with SS&H, 2 passes with S&H and 1 pass with FMP". Didn’t even take that much time either! ADAMS ROCKS :rockon:

Edited by TK427

Just did this beat up 15 year old car with a PC this weekend! "Tell me this isn’t Fantastic, and with only 2 passes with SS&H, 2 passes with S&H and 1 pass with FMP". Didn’t even take that much time either! ADAMS ROCKS :rockon:

Looks shiny, nice! and on an old 15 year old car :glasses: