Customer Service 866.965.0400

If this just don't piss ya off

Osok

So my wife drove her camaro up to Buffalo Friday night to visit our daughter. They went out to eat at Bonefish Grill and she knows to park out away from others and walk the extra 30 feet.

So they eat and come out to leave and this is what they find....

challcam.jpg

If this doesn't just boil my blood. And I just can't for the life of me figure out what the idiot was thinking.

1) Hey two sweet cars let me park right next to it. But if this is the case why not park leaving some more space so he could get out of his Challenger

2)Hey I'm going to be a d!ck and park right next to that camaro that parked out there on its own

This stuff just boggles my mind and pisses me off endlessly. This person themselves drives a nice challenger so I wouldnt think they'd be in the I'm going to be a d!ck and park on top of you. But then why park so close when there's 100 other empty spots around.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's nothing man... I've literally parked in the last spot with no-one in the next 10 spots next to me and had someone in a POC Ford Probe park within inches of me. JUST TO BE AN A**... You're almost better off parking closer.

One time in a parking garage I parked over the line in the last spot to allow whoever parked next to me, more room. They still slid their door next to mine and caused all kinds of damage and then to top it off, they did a hood slide crinkling the hood at the same time.

This was all done to my G8. People are jealous a-holes... They do it to piss us off. God forbid we want to have something nice. I'd hate to drive something like a Bentley... God only knows what they'd do to it. lol

At least your buddy had an equally nice car... He wasn't there to be an a-hole, just show off a bit. ;) (I've done this before but I park a spot away) :D

Chris

Edited by Chewy

Classic pony-war rivalry. This is a perfect example of a dog pissing on something to signify that he was there.

I parked at Home Depot the other day, yes, away from all other cars by at least 7 spaces. Well, I get home and notice that some idiot left 10 inch scuff marks on my bumper. :mad::mad: I know they were not there before I went to the store, I just wiped it down from the overnight pollen accumulation.

To make it worse, this is the 5th time my car has been hit like this. My always clean & shiny Grand Prix must be like vomit to flies. :banghead::mad:

Trust me though, I've learned to let the anger go real quick. Why should I waste my time being upset when the idiot drivers are going about their day just as clueless as the day they were born.

I think I'm over it....lol! I feel your pain.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Are you serious with this reaction or is this sarchasm????

The guy wanted to park beside another nice car for the same reasons car guys have been doing it for years.

1) It looks cool

2) You feel like you are protecting each other from others that dont appreciate your car as much as you do

3) You figure the owner of the car wont mind because he will know you took extreme care while parking and getting out

If I had come out and a Chally was parked next to me I would take a picture and post a positive thread about how cool it was, not ***** and moan and over-dramatize the situation.

I mean lets be honest here, its not like your in a Lambo, its a V6 pony car...

Situations like this could be very positive, say you meet the guy and strike up a conversation and end up being friends with common interests...dont just assume the guy is an idiot because he parked within 5 feet of you.

Just my $0.02, no offense.

Maybe its just a difference in culture, in the south we appreciate things like this.

Reminds me of a time I parked in a Mr. Bojangles parking lot in VA. Some Army guy came running out and looked at his car like I had hit it with my door. I asked him what the problem was. He responded that he thought I hit his door with my door. I kindly told him that I care just as much about my car as he did his and would not damage my own door in the process of damaging his. I try to park further away from the other cars as well but sometimes that is not an option.

The guy wanted to park beside another nice car for the same reasons car guys have been doing it for years.

1) It looks cool

2) You feel like you are protecting each other from others that dont appreciate your car as much as you do

3) You figure the owner of the car wont mind because he will know you took extreme care while parking and getting out

:iagree:

if it were a POS, then, i would be upset lol.

1) It looks cool

If I had come out and a Chally was parked next to me I would take a picture and post a positive thread about how cool it was, not ***** and moan and over-dramatize the situation.

Situations like this could be very positive, say you meet the guy and strike up a conversation and end up being friends with common interests...dont just assume the guy is an idiot because he parked within 5 feet of you.

Maybe its just a difference in culture, in the south we appreciate things like this.

EXACTLY. i was going to say the same. if i see a nice car/truck parked out in the boons in a parking lot...i usually park next to them too. safest spot in the parking lot for both of us now.

I think it may depend on where you live... my DD has gotten a number of dings that piss me off no end....

It seems like people in NJ just don't care that much about other people's property...

The Gen Coupe gets parked in the boonies and usually a POS parks next to to it anyway. My fiance

hates it when I go around the car looking to see if its been jacked... so far I have been lucky, with just a minor scratch...

And it's odd but I very rarely meet anyone in parking lots that are getting in next to me...

so I actually have had very few people talk to me about the car....

My issue is that there have been 5x that my car has been hit, swiped, brushed (read, damaged) in some form or fashion when I go out of my way to park way from others.

Here is an example. The was in DC and not a shopping center parking lot. But to think, this idiot parked his car on my bumber and had the nerve to leave his car on my bumper. :explode:

For the record, I'm proud of myself for not acting on any of the crazy ideas that ran through my mind. This was worth me getting upset about. But again, I couldn't waste too much time being upset. Life goes on.

My issue is that there have been 5x that my car has been hit, swiped, brushed (read, damaged) in some form or fashion when I go out of my way to park way from others.

Here is an example. The was in DC and not a shopping center parking lot. But to think, this idiot parked his car on my bumber and had the nerve to leave his car on my bumper. :explode:

For the record, I'm proud of myself for not acting on any of the crazy ideas that ran through my mind. This was worth me getting upset about. But again, I couldn't waste too much time being upset. Life goes on.

I hear you on this one... I HATE having to parallel park because you know it's just an invitation to get your car hit.

1) It looks cool

Yea I was serious. If it's simply he's got a nice car and thinks its cool they're next to eachother then fine. But why park close enough to me where he can't even open his door all the way himself? And for what it's worth I'll take an american muscle car over a foreign car any days (and yes I realize its a V6 Camaro not a ZL1 or some 65 GT 350) (that's just me though). If i had a lambo i'd sell it and buy 2 great American cars. Funny you'd say that as well too since you've got yourself a camaro too from the looks of it. Anyways, yea she's got a v6 camaro but to me I still consider it a nice car.

Good to hear everyone's input though. It did shed some light on what the owner might have been thinking. I appreciate the feedback.:cheers:

Looks like you got boxed in.

At least it was a good looking car that did it though.

I park so far away sometimes I need a cab to take me to the front if where I'm going! :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yea I was serious. If it's simply he's got a nice car and thinks its cool they're next to eachother then fine. But why park close enough to me where he can't even open his door all the way himself? And for what it's worth I'll take an american muscle car over a foreign car any days (and yes I realize its a V6 Camaro not a ZL1 or some 65 GT 350) (that's just me though). If i had a lambo i'd sell it and buy 2 great American cars. Funny you'd say that as well too since you've got yourself a camaro too from the looks of it. Anyways, yea she's got a v6 camaro but to me I still consider it a nice car.

Good to hear everyone's input though. It did shed some light on what the owner might have been thinking. I appreciate the feedback.:cheers:

I truly believe that guy parked next to you with the very best of intentions. As far as how close he parked, judging by the picture it looks like he only has inches to spare on the other side...if he moved over any more he would be in the next spot. Thats another story altogether (taking up multiple spots). As far as the type of car, I was just simply making a comparison between cars that look cool but are cheap (our camaros), versus extremely expensive cars (lambos). Believe me, I love both kinds of cars...

:cheers:

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt as well. Assuming he didn't dent your door, he must have been careful. I too am used to parking well away from the soccer moms (no offense) and many times have found nice cars parked close to mine (although never that close):

IMG_0128-1.jpg

072110010.jpg

iPhone008.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Looks like you got boxed in.

Oh, btw, there were no cars behind the Lexus. She (just joking ladies.... LOL!) was at the end of the parking area with plenty of room behind her (again, I'm kidding). DC just sucks to drive in & even worse to find parking in. I usually take a train into DC since I'm only 4 or 5 train stops outside of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt as well. Assuming he didn't dent your door, he must have been careful. I too am used to parking well away from the soccer moms (no offense) and many times have found nice cars parked close to mine (although never that close):

IMG_0128-1.jpg

072110010.jpg

iPhone008.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

I was just in your city on Sunday. I have a friend that lives on Daphne Street. Spent a night there on my way to Clearfield, UT.

This happens to be me a lot. At least it was a nice car. I cringe whenever I come out and see some POS parked next to me.

I always park way out, my ex used to complain about me parking far away. She could spend 3 hours walking around the mall, but walking a few extra yards to the truck was too grueling for her.

I usually go for corner spots, and park as close as possible to the curb.

(especially in the tahoe)

I haven't have anyone park close on purpose yet, but it's bound to happen sometime. I just hope that I'd be parked to far away to try to be "funny".