Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forums Recipe Box

THE Mook

i go thru a jar every 3 days. MAKE BIGGER JARS.

i dont make the jars, i dont grow the muchrooms, i make the washers for the mushrooms and the containers that the mushrooms arive to the plant in.

also i you have tyson chicken, you can thank me too lol, i deal with a lot of the food industry.

i dont make the jars, i dont grow the muchrooms, i make the washers for the mushrooms and the containers that the mushrooms arive to the plant in.

also i you have tyson chicken, you can thank me too lol, i deal with a lot of the food industry.

does your company get involved with labeling?

No we build industrial equipment for the food and poultry industry.

We have built tray and pan washers for dominos pizza and pappa johns, we build egg washers, baby chick counters, automated vaccine stuff.

Some companys we deal with is tyson chicken, dominos pizza, panera bread, boars head meats, and atleast 65% of the eggs sold in stores goes through our machine to be cleaned.

we also build pallet washers, he is an example of a fully automated pallet washer

and here is a egg tray flat washer,

All made right in the state of New Jersey.

Nicely done! I've been on a tour of a Tyson chicken processing plant (don't ask why) and all I can say is...

"WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN!" :willy:

Dylan, you should see about 90% of industrial food processing, because companies are trying to be effecient they run 24/7 making things kinda gross.

We make everything out of stainless material, for the most part, and can design a industrial washer for about anything. lol

I kinda took this thread off track though.

my bad.

All made right in the state of New Jersey.

Our stuff is made here too, but I have been noticing some of the electrical components as well as the PLCs and HMIs are foreign, but they're made by Allen Bradley, Keyence, etc..

Our stuff is made here too, but I have been noticing some of the electrical components as well as the PLCs and HMIs are foreign, but they're made by Allen Bradley, Keyence, etc..

things like that are almost impossible to get made in america now.

Dylan's Slow Smoked and Sauced Baby Back Ribs

Ingredients:

• Quality baby back pork ribs. Look for a good balance of meat and fat
  • 1 Bottle Sweet & Spicy Mustard
  • Stubb's BBQ Dry Rub
  • Apple Juice, preferably Martinelli's organic.
  • Lots of your preferred BBQ sauce. I sometimes make my own, but as far as store brands I like Sweet Baby Rays

Tools:

• A medium to large smoker (obviously) I prefer a side draft w/ firebox
  • A grill level thermometer. The one in the top is not accurate enough.
  • (1) Spray bottle
  • Couple lbs of natural lump charcoal, no lighter fluid or artificial stuff. Stubb's actually sells a nice coal at lowes.
  • Split Hickory logs or chunks depending on your smoker capacity
  • Jack Daniels Burbon Barrel Smoking Chips
  • (1) aluminum pie pan
  • Lots of aluminum foil
  • Good set of tongs and a bbq fork
  • Patience

Time:

Ingredient prep takes approximately an hour, but letting the rub sit for longer is better. Time on the smoker will range anywhere from 4 hours to upwards of 6 hours depending on the amount of ribs, size of the smoker, and your heat control.

Rib Prep:

Start by de-membraining your ribs. There are tons of videos and tutorials on youtube that show how to do this. Essentially your ribs will have a membrane on the inside that is almost like a thick plastic. Start a corner with a knife and slowly peel back. Using a paper towel to grab that corner will help the grip. Be patient, this process can be messy and difficult, but it is KEY when smoking ribs. With the membrane in place the smoke will not penetrate from the bottom and won't give you the tender smoky finish you'll want.

After removing the membrane rinse the ribs under cool running water to remove anything stuck to the outside.

Spread out a large sheet of foil or prepare a work area to get messy. By hand, rub a generous amount of sweet & spicy mustard over the ribs. Be sure to cover every square inch. If you cannot find a good sweet/spicy mustard substitute Frenches yellow mustard.

Once covered in a generous slathering of mustard start to apply the Stubbs spice rub. Make sure every part of the ribs, top and bottom is coated in the rub. Add more mustard if the rub does not stick easily. When all the ribs are covered in the rub, wrap them in foil and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The longer you can let them sit the better... prep the night before if you can or early the morning of the day you intend to cook.

6d392012.jpg

Grill Prep:

Line the lid to your firebox with foil to fill any gaps and also slow heat loss. You may also opt to line the inside of the smoker itself with foil if you find your heat is inconsistent. Only way to know is to try, so you may have to experiment to find your hot/cold spots.

fde90de7.jpg

Use a chimney coal starter to get your coals burning if you have one. DO NOT USE LIGHTER FLUID. The fluid will transfer flavor to the meat. Fill your fire side box with the coals, add a few un-lit coals to the farthest end of the box (closest to the damper) so the fire will burn away from the main chamber of the smoker.

While you wait for the coals to ash over pour the Jack Daniels smoking chips into a bowl of water to soak. Also fill your pie pan with apple juice and place at the bottom (below the grates) of the smoker right next to the opening where your fire box connects to the main body. The juice will keep the humidity inside the smoker high during the extended smoking process.

Once your coals have ashed over completely white place a log of the hickory over the coals to begin smoking. Close the lid of the smoker and open your stack all the way. Monitor your grill level themometer until you see a consistent 225-240*. This may take some time to dial in, play with your damper and amount of coal to get a consistent temp.

Once you've reached optimal cooking temp place your ribs into the smoker, if you have spare room try to place them farthest away from the smoke/heat source. Avoid the urge to open the lid for the first 45 minutes to an hour. Just let them sit. If you notice your smoke output dying off add a handful of the water soaked Jack Daniel's chips to your fire box. You want a consistent plume of smoke passing out of the stack of the smoker, be sure to monitor your temps and keep them consistent by adjusting your airflow.

After 1 hour open your smoker to inspect. The ribs should begin to show the signs of a slight exterior crust forming. Flip them over spray them liberally with apple juice, close the lid and continue the same process. Monitor your temps and allow another hour to pass.

a03c0c12.jpg

Open, inspect, flip and spray with apple juice. Also rotate their positions in the grill if you notice uneven cooking rates.

Repeat again every hour until you begin to see the meat pull back to reveal the tip of the rib bones. If you are confident they've cooked, cut a rib from the end of one of the racks and taste test (this is the fun part)

There should be a substantial pink smoke ring around the edges with nice browned meat in the middle. If you are satisfied with the cook then its time to sauce!

2275459b.jpg

Pull the ribs out and place onto a large sheet of foil. Saturate liberally with bar b que sauce and seal up the foil to make a pouch. Place the foil wrapped ribs back into the smoker for another 5-10 minutes with the STACK CLOSED! This is important. You want the temp to increase and the remaining smoke to fill the smoker at this point.

Remove the ribs carefully (the foil will be hot) and take inside for final prep. Cut each rib away from the rack and place into a large bowl or serving platter. Add more bar b que suace and 'toss' the ribs to get them completely coated.

Serve with something cool as the side, a cabbage slaw for example, and enjoy! Have lots of napkins and wet wipes on standby too. They are gonna be messy, but worth every sticky, smokey, bite! :drool:

3299729c.jpg

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Oh yes... Tanner is very picky. He prefers grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken nuggets, noodles (any kind so long as they're plain) rice, or quesadillas. He won't touch much (other than snacks) outside of those things.

Lately hes been more willing to try bites of things if I offer them, like he did have a few chunks off the ribs, but he won't sit and make a meal of it. We usually have to make him something separate from ours.

Oh yes... Tanner is very picky. He prefers grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken nuggets, noodles (any kind so long as they're plain) rice, or quesadillas. He won't touch much (other than snacks) outside of those things.

Lately hes been more willing to try bites of things if I offer them, like he did have a few chunks off the ribs, but he won't sit and make a meal of it. We usually have to make him something separate from ours.

I expected that but just wanted to see since i saw you made ribs, and i cant imagine her brother eating things like that.

Hope everything improved with your school issue, i know i wouldnt piss you off, my backpack would be done for.

Stuffed Bell Peppers

2012-06-07_17-47-48_88.jpg

1 cup uncle ben’s brown rice

1 04 skinless chicken breast

1 cup HEB red pepper Pasta sauce

2 Large red bell pepper

2 jalapeno

1 cup frozen fine chopped spinach

¼ cup chopped onions

¼ cup sliced black olives

¼ cup sliced mushrooms

1/4 sliced yellow squash

1/4 sliced green squash

Garlic powder

Crushed red peppers

Italian seasonings

Parmesan cheese

Salt and pepper

“I can’t believe it’s not butter” spray.

Chicken:

Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings

Slice squash

Place chicken, whole jalapenos, and sliced squash in baking pan.

Spray over top of veggies with butter spray and season with crushed peppers, garlic powder, salt, and pepper

Cook in oven @ 350 for 20 mins-ish

Stuffing:

Mix brown rice, chopped spinach, black olives, mushrooms, and Pasta sauce in pan.

Add about 1/8 cup water.

Simmer until onions are semi-transparent

Remove chicken from oven.

Chop chicken and mix into sauce.

Bell peppers:

Cut tops off bell peppers and clean them out

Fill each pepper with stuffing, leaving enough so top will go back on

Bake in oven for 15-20 mins @ 400 (look for browning on top and feel for desired texture)

Veggies:

5 mins before bell peppers are done. Flash squash and jalapenos in fry pan @ med-high heat.

Place stuffed peppers on plate and sprinkle cheese on top.

Notes:

This actually produced 3 very large peppers.

Do NOT add anything hot to sauce…the jalapenos bring enough heat.

Calories:

TOTAL: 550

SHOWN ON PLATE: 375

I DO cook, but this is not a cooking recipe.

When the weather is warm (9-10 months of the year here) this is what I make for breakfast on the weekends - Orange, Strawberry, & Banana smoothie.

1 cup orange juice (Florida OJ for me)

1 cup milk (I use 1%)

1 packet of Carnation French Vanilla Instant Breakfast

a handful of frozen strawberries - about 5-6 large berries

1 banana

Makes about 3 cups of liquid.

Fresh strawberries can be used, but you will need frozen bananas or some ice cubes to thicken the smoothie.

OJ and milk

33ab99c3.jpg

the rest

8c2150b4.jpg

all ingredients added

5bb989ff.jpg

run the blender until the strawberries are made liquid - about 15 seconds

Drink!

97f07101.jpg

I'm gonna blow this thread up with smoker recipes as soon as I have some time... mook knows all to well my love of grilling as hes usually one of the first to get text pictures when I'm out there... which is pretty much every weekend :D

Is there a sign up sheet for said texts? :drool::drool:

DemoN,

Please put the recipes up as soon as you can. That food looks tasty, and I am sure the community would love to see the Journey and know how to make their own too!

Mook

(PS NOT the Journey in your iPod)

• 2 weeks later...

The Mook's Banzai Burgers

Ingredients:

• Ground Beef Patties (I used 80/20)
  • Hamburger Buns
  • Cheddar Cheese, Sliced, 2 Per Burger
  • Hot House Tomato, Large, Sliced, 1 Per Burger
  • Pineapple Rings
  • Teriyaki Sauce
  • Apples
  • Caramel Sauce
  • Brown Sugar

How To:

In a marinating pan, place the burgers you desire to grill, and pour over them a decent amount of Teriyaki Sauce. In another marinating pan, place the pineapple rings, mostly drained (leave a little juice), and pour over them a fair amount of Teriyaki Sauce. Now is a good time to wash your tomato, slice it, and stow it in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Head out to the grill and preheat it to medium.

For my apples, I just opened them up, placed them on foil, heated the caramel a bit, topped them with brown sugar, then poured it over the apples, and closed the foil up. Grill for about 15 minutes.

Once the burgers have marinated for a half hour, season with a little salt and pepper, and start grilling them to your liking! When the burgers are almost done, add your cheese, and place the pineapple rings on the grill, and WATCH them. They burn quick! Be sure to flip them a time or two to make for a nice grill marking.

Pull them off the grill and construct your burgers! I always go bottom bun, tomato, burger, pineapple rings, top bun. I don't like lettuce on burgers and despise Mayo. Grab another cold one, turn on a ball game, and enjoy dinner!

beaca64c.jpg

• 2 months later...