Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spent a Little Time on the Grill

THE Mook

Question

Hello!

I took a bucket, some APC, a green scrubbing pad, an old GWT, some SVRT:Water, Metal Polish #1 and #2, and the Flex on some old Gen 3 Orange and White Pads...and detailed up the outside of my grill yesterday! I love my shiny new lid! :lol: Notice the spots I missed...it was bad!

(the cover again ripped in the winter)

Before:

759991ed.jpg

I really got nuts with the Scrubbing Pad. :lol:

12f2d3dc.jpg

37329a5d.jpg

Cleaned up nice!

76d30fad.jpg

8a4fa8f6.jpg

9e21e70d.jpg

2abf285d.jpg

I imagine if I spent more time on it, it would look better, but I really am happy with it now. :D

e87d0541.jpg

Mook:cheers:

Looks good! A lot of people go for the stainless thinking it's the best, but they usually look the worst after some use.

Need I tell you when using an abrasive on stainless, always go with the grain??? lol

Chris

Looks good! A lot of people go for the stainless thinking it's the best, but they usually look the worst after some use.

Need I tell you when using an abrasive on stainless, always go with the grain??? lol

Chris

LOL yeah I went with it and against it...MULTIPLE times! After knocking all of the dirt off, I noticed the lid couldn't look worse than that...so I just lost care on cleaning direction, then got out the Flex! :lolsmack:

This is where the enamel on my Weber is nice... I cleaned it last time with Adams glass cleaner and it looked new. lol That being said, we don't use it everyday and it's always been kept under roof.

This is where the enamel on my Weber is nice... I cleaned it last time with Adams glass cleaner and it looked new. lol That being said, we don't use it everyday and it's always been kept under roof.

I can't find a cover, no matter how nice, that doesn't get beat to heck in the winter and wind out here. :( I got the nice one from Lowe's and it got hard and cracked in the cold.

I can't find a cover, no matter how nice, that doesn't get beat to heck in the winter and wind out here. :( I got the nice one from Lowe's and it got hard and cracked in the cold.

I got a really nice one on Amazon that had great reviews. It's thick and is actually fabric with a layer of vinyl to keep the water out.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-73912-Cart-Style-Barbecue/dp/B000HCNEWM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338312586&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Classic Accessories 73912 Veranda Cart-Style Barbecue Cover, Medium, 58 Inch: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Chris

3 year warranty on this one. Hard to believe it would crack. It's not that type of material. Usually I see the vinyl ones crack and look raggedy pretty quickly.

3 year warranty on this one. Hard to believe it would crack. It's not that type of material. Usually I see the vinyl ones crack and look raggedy pretty quickly.

I didn't expect canvas to rip and crack like it did either. I am wondering if the tag on the inside says Hecho in China.

Nice Mook! Whats for dinner tonight?? smilybird.gif

I can't remember where I bought my cover but it is made out of Tent Canvas Material. I've had it two years already and it still looks brand new. Wish I knew where it came from. :(

Tonight? Hmmm, I am eating left over brats for lunch. I may not grill anything...or I may grill a pizza...

I got a really nice one on Amazon that had great reviews. It's thick and is actually fabric with a layer of vinyl to keep the water out.

Amazon.com: Classic Accessories 73912 Veranda Cart-Style Barbecue Cover, Medium, 58 Inch: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Chris

Purchased the same cover.. I have to say its definitely better than the one I paid 50 bucks for when I purchased my grill.

Mook Nice job.. now I need to go home and do my grill before the wife puts me out with the trash next week. I keep telling her I would be better off donating the grill and purchasing a new one.

No charcoal :willy:

While I love charcoal, I hate the fact that it takes as long as it does to get it going. Not to mention the mess. Oh and we sell propane here so that's kind of going against what we stand for. lol Call me Hank... Hank Hill...

Chris

nice job!

I need to clean up mine.. which pads did you use on the flex?

I need a new cover too.. just threw the old one out two weeks ago, was torn bad..

I used the Orange Gen 1 Flex Pad with MP1. I used the White Gen 1 Flex Pad with MP2. If it's really bad with oxidation, mixing in a little SHR and FMP onto the Orange Pad never hurt no one! :thumbsup:

Wanna know what inspired this thread? Me wanting a Food Recipe Thread for the Forum. Didn't wanna post some awesome food with a scummy grill! Next chapter in that thread will go off soon enough!

Mook

yikes.... i'm starting to reconsider my options from Stainless to Black powdercoat!!! :willy:

Enamel! Webers enamel rocks! Mine is a copper/brown color and rocks.

Chris

While I love charcoal, I hate the fact that it takes as long as it does to get it going. Not to mention the mess. Oh and we sell propane here so that's kind of going against what we stand for. lol Call me Hank... Hank Hill...

Chris

:lol:

I was just thinking of Hank Hill too

Gas grills are convenient, but the flavor isn't quite as good (IMHO).

I don't care what is in the pipes, it's charcoal for me, even with a gas hookup out there.

The good thing about barbecueing is the flavor. The other good reason is drinking beer while you barbecue, and rationalizing drinking beer so you can suppress fires. (but only a little bit). :)

I will probably not go back to stainless.

I went to clean mine today and this Kenmore Sears crap rusted out and they want over 250.00 to replace 2 burners and 4 drip covers & cooking grates. Only 5 years old. Really sad considering this grill was expensive but made very cheap .. never again So .. Im now looking at the new Weber Genesis E330 w/ Copper

Any other suggestions?

I will probably not go back to stainless.

I went to clean mine today and this Kenmore Sears crap rusted out and they want over 250.00 to replace 2 burners and 4 drip covers & cooking grates. Only 5 years old. Really sad considering this grill was expensive but made very cheap .. never again So .. Im now looking at the new Weber Genesis E330 w/ Copper

Any other suggestions?

Yep! I have that weber! LOVE IT! Cast aluminum where it matters and stainless burners with cast iron grill. The best I could find for the money! Mines the copper color too. Looks great!

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!