Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to fight "you clean too much?"

xkwj43z

Okay I need everyone's help on here because I'm sure some of you have been through this with your significant other. My girlfriend has really been giving me a hard time latley saying I'm too anal and I clean my car way too much. I explained yes I am anal and im not the only one sorry I have a nice car and I take care of my stuff (im very organized). I also make plenty of time for her as well. Anyone have a better defense for this?:willy:

Explain to her that you spent a good chunk of change on it, and you'd prefer to keep it as brand new as possible. This would also be something that if you owned a home, I hope you would treat the same. Pride in ownership.

Thanks Mook, I am that way with everything still live at home but agree about the upkeep of a home. Its true though my car is only a year old, guess she just doesn't get it.

Please don't be offended, but I figured you are a younger person on the site. Keep in mind too that if you are young, unless you're some kind of BossPimp, she is gonna be on the younger side also...

Perspective and Priorities seem to clarify themselves with age. ;)

As long as you're not ignoring her, then I don't see a problem. It's also nice to see that your attention to detail bleeds into other portions of your life.

Flip it on her, tell her it could be worse, you could not care, drive a beater with 12 months worth on McD's bags on the floor boards and "wash me" scribbled on the back glass. Which sled does she want to ride in?

Also, there are worse things to be "addicted" to.

Give her ride a full on detail and see what she thinks.

I'm with Mike. ^^^^^

I hate messy cars and I actually don't even want to get into one because it makes me feel dirty. smiley_emoticons_panik.gif

Get that girl out there and have her go through the steps on her own car so she can feel proud that she did it herself. I love the feeling of success! :2thumbs:

This would also be something that if you owned a home,.

say "WE"...not "I" when bringing up this house. she will assume that your car cleaning will effect how awesome HER home is later.

Mook: I'm not offended at all yes I am 20 yrs old, but I have my s*** together lol. Current job goal:state troopers interview in 1 month plan on being accepted :D

Mike: made my day lol, I am def. going to use that

My wife understood from the time we started dating that I have some serious OCD with everything especially my cars. She is the complete opposite.

As the years have gone by she has learned to be organized (or responsible as I look at it) with certain things in her life.

In the end we still take time to appreciate each other and doesn't worry as much anymore since I take care of her better than my vehicles. That's what is most important.

Good luck with yours!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

yes she has a 2001 Cavalier, junk lol she doesnt take care of it

I kind of had that feeling. I find that with a lot of people. They don't take care of their things like you or I do so they say that we are OCD. I don't buy into it. It I had a dime for every time I heard "you're going to wash the paint off that car" I would be able to take a year off work. :D

Please don't be offended, but I figured you are a younger person on the site. Keep in mind too that if you are young, unless you're some kind of BossPimp, she is gonna be on the younger side also...

Perspective and Priorities seem to clarify themselves with age. ;)

Well said. As you get older and hopefully some day you will have children...you start to realize what you're priorities in life are. Yes detailing cars is fun, that's why we are all here. But there comes a point when you realize, it's just a car. They get dirty.

You can still take very good care of your care and everything you own without going overboard. The key to everything in life IMO is balance and moderation. If you think about it, it's true for pretty much every facet of life.

Exactly what I'm doing when I get off work today, to get my mind off her haha

Bwahahaha

Then we clean them. Good therapy. :cheers:

Oh it definately is Chuck, and a good one at that. ;)

You may want to present this as more of a hobby than an obsession and that it does not impact your relationship with her anymore than her hobbies/interests do. Probably don't want to point out that she gets to ride in a sweet looking car when you go out together in it since it would seem that it makes no difference to her.