Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much metal polish?

InDepthAutoDetailing

Question

So one of my customers called me up today. On Sunday he bought the metal polish 1&2 combo for personal use. Well he took it to work (he works at a co-op) and polished some areas on a Peterbuilt that had already been polished with xxxxxx.

Well his boss is interested in him polishing a 32' trailer that is used to haul grain. It is polished aluminum and the sides are 6' tall and 32' long.

What's going to be the quickest and easiest? He doesn't own a PC or Flex yet. He's wanting to buy a flex for personal use but would use it if it'll work.

I have some of the gen3 PC pads in stock. Could he use those on the flex?

How much polish do you think it'll take?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

That's 384+ soft of surface... I'd say a gallon of each, plus once you do it, it has to be kept up. Rotary's aren't that expensive.

A PC would be a waste of time...

Chris

Honestly, I don't know if it would take a gallon of polish to do it... I think you can get thru a lot of polishing with the 16oz as once the metal polishing pad is saturated it doesn't take much to keep it going.

At most I'd say 2 bottles of each to be on the safe side. Flex would get the job done.... It would be a fun (but messy) job for sure.

I am the poor unfortunate sap who may be subject to this job, however its a great opportunity to break into an untapped opportunity as a possible little side job this summer. I have already had some interest from other people on polishing trucks. This would be a great test mule to get some exposure if they decide to go through with it.

here is a picture of the rig in question, and also a picture of a small test spot I did by hand.