Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Super Sealant vs Quick Sealant

zw470

Question

19 answers to this question

I like QS, but have been having long term success with MSS, and just stated using QS. The MSS, I believe, is supposed to last longer, but that may be up in the air now, as I hear that the QS is really holding up well.

As far as application, I prefer the MSS on the PC. I know how well this stuff holds up, as my black DD lives out in the sun near the beach (gotta be the toughest environment) and it really lasts and lasts. I always lay this down, and lately optionally top with BG and Americana. Can't have too much armor, esp. where it lives. Plus it looks amazing.

Right now I have Quick Sealant followed by Brilliant Glaze then Americana. My wife is buying me a polisher (was thinking PC at first, but now might just go balls-out and ask for a Flex) for my birthday in a couple weeks but if the MSS is just going to last longer I kinda think I'll just stick with the Quick Sealant for now as it's just soooo easy to use. I've had it on my car for 2 months now and as far as I can tell it's working just as good as when I first applied it. Here's a pic from this past weekend's wash/glaze/wax session.

583a5527.jpg

Machine Super Sealant will last longer than the quick sealant. I believe that the machine super sealant is just as easy to apply, you just have to bust out the PC to do it, but it goes on just as quickly. The one down side with the machine super sealant is the cure time. I like both. Here's how I see it. If you are doing work with a polisher, might as well use machine super sealant, if you aren't doing any work with a polisher and need to add protection, grab the quick sealant.

The positives of AQS outweigh any positives of MSS for me on my DD's.

I can top AQS with itself within 30 minutes of the first application or top with BG and Americana within 30 minutes. It takes a minute or so from application to removal compared to 30 minutes+ for MSS, no worries of getting wax in crevices and on the plastics. << that's a big one!

It may last a little less time, but I can put two coats on in less than an hours time which will last as long or longer than one of MSS. I don't think it gives quite the depth of MSS, but for a DD that sits outside all day at work, and NEVER is a show car, it works great!

Edited by Chewy

The positives of AQS outweigh any positives of MSS for me on my DD's.

I can top AQS with itself within 30 minutes of the first application or top with BG and Americana within 30 minutes. It takes a minute or so from application to removal compared to 30 minutes+ for MSS, no worries of getting wax in crevices and on the plastics. << that's a big one!

It may last a little less time, but I can put two coats on in less than an hours time which will last as long or longer than one of MSS.

This is kinda how I've been looking at it.....

What about looks? Any added visual qualities with the MSS compared to the QS?

This is kinda how I've been looking at it.....

What about looks? Any added visual qualities with the MSS compared to the QS?

Hahaha... I edited my post with that! lol

I also find removal of MSS difficult and the removal of AQS a dream!

I agree with the statement that if you have your machine polisher out already, just use the MSS. Just this last weekend I decided to give my summer/track wheels "the treatment" and I used the MSS instead of the QS just because I could. :thumbsup: Especially on something as intricate as wheels (off the car) it takes longer but I felt I needed the extra protection due the very aggressive brake dust from my race pads.

I did two wheels (wash, dry, MSS, cure, wipe with DS, and SVRT the tires) in the same amount of time that my across-the-alley neighbor took to "wash and dry" his entire brand new Mercedes M Class. And when I put quotation marks, you KNOW I cringed at his methods and tools!....

I'd give a slight edge in appearance to MSS as well... seems to have a glossier look to me on dark colors. On lighter colors and metallics the difference is negligible.

Yep! I must say, AQS made the Enclave's brownish metallic sparkle. While I hate the color, I sure do LOVE that color. It's perfect for not showing ANYTHING. :jester:

I have a road trip coming up, and hear that QS really helps release the bugs, so going to put a coat on the front end before I leave. Last time I threw on a coat of Buttery and it helped a lot. Will report back on the results after the trip...

I have a road trip coming up, and hear that QS really helps release the bugs, so going to put a coat on the front end before I leave. Last time I threw on a coat of Buttery and it helped a lot. Will report back on the results after the trip...

Yes, I just tried this before my road trip. Bugs do still require some elbow grease to get off but not as much. Now on the hood (treated with quick sealant)were birb bombs found themselfs they came off with ease using waterless wash.

This may be a dumb question, but could there be a health risk of breathing in quick sealant when spraying in an enclosed garage?

Funny, I thought the same thing when "fogging" as it is heavy and you can "feel it in your lungs" I was coughing some. So in my opion it can't be good for you.

I changed to the apply on pad approach no fogging, waste of product as well I think. If one was going to fog a resporiator (sp) of some sort might not be a bad idea.

If I am fogging with Spray Sealant or In & Out Spray I wear a respirator. Love the product and what it does to the car just don't want it in my lungs.

Edited by DaveVY

If I am fogging with Spray Sealant or In & Out Spray I work wear a respirator. Love the product and what it does to the car just don't want it in my lungs.

My lungs have NEVER been so well protected... LOVE IT!

Although I have not tried either of them...just by application alone I would think the best bang for the buck would be the Super Sealant. Watching the videos for the quick sealant I would imagine a lot of the product would get wasted with overspray especially in the wind. That is my observation though ;)

Although I have not tried either of them...just by application alone I would think the best bang for the buck would be the Super Sealant. Watching the videos for the quick sealant I would imagine a lot of the product would get wasted with overspray especially in the wind. That is my observation though ;)

Only if you're using the fogging method which I don't recommend. Spray it on the applicator.

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!