Customer Service 866.965.0400

Double Soft MF Towels

chrys7

Question

Did the material they are made from change?

Just got a batch of 6 Towels and there is a noticable difference in how soft/plush the new are to the towels i have had since I got hooked on Adams.

My original towels are by far plush as heck and the new ones are, well not bad but def not like the ones i have had for a while now.

Do the new ones just need a wash in to soften up?

12 answers to this question

I know my old ones are usually stiffer (for the lack of a better term) than the new ones which are loose and SUPER soft.

Wash before using always!!!

Chris

Christian,

I just got some towels delivered today (4 doubles and 4 singles from a daily special) and the doubles seem much thinner than before. The washing machine just chimed, so I'm going to out mine in the dryer now, but yes, they seem much thinner.

I used 4 brand new single softs last weekend and after one wash with the microfiber revitalizer they seemed a tad rough. Not as soft as the first were out of the package. Not to mention my older towels are linting up like crazy(single and double soft). I recently boiled then with vinegar too

30dbea7c.jpg

e928f44d.jpg

@Tim the towels i have are not bad in any way i just noticed they were not as plush as my first set but either way im keeping them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wow! That's the worst linting I've ever seen! :eek:

Funny thing was I asked Dylan this question via PM a while back after ordering two new towels to replace two old ones that were linting. They seemed different.

I finally compared them just recently. They're the same. I dunno why I thought they were different.

... especially after washing them on hot with the microfiber revitalizer and restorer (MRR?). Now I wash on warm. Stuff's done a great job so far for me of removing the products left over in the towels. My double-soft towels had stopped absorbing anything and were linting. I thought they were done. Turned out they were just caked with product. Specifically with Americana, I think.

Maybe try soaking your towels in a bucket of water and MRR overnight, then wash the next day with MRR in the washer with warm water?

I have had towels start to lint on me after a while. They were the blue ones not the new white ones. I do boil them if that happens, it usually stops, if not the towel just became my junk towel for wipe downs on anything but a car.