Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying dilemma

G8chick

Question

So I'm washing my car and going over it with detail spray tonight. It will be my first time putting her in on display at the red deer cruise night! (70-300+ vehicles every week) I however only have 2 MICRO TOWELS!! I'm scared to use any other ones then the Adams ones cuz they do leave little scratches so I have 2 options

1. Wash car at lunch and let it air dry while I do my rims and tires then go over it with 1 micro towel and leave the detail spray till I get home and it's closer to the cruise in to get dust off

2. Go through a touch less wash right after I'm done work which has a big dryier at the exit point then use 1 micro to dry off then other for detail spray then go straight to the show

I still have to shower and get myself ready lol. Gates are open from 6-9 I'd like to be their sooner then later so I can get a spot backed onto the grass to avoid people traffic by my car

21 answers to this question

And a side note - I have my dad going to the supplier in Calgary for me to get buttery or Americana Tom. I told him if he sees the GWDT to grab it! And a couple micro towels if they have them. I'm actually calling today to see what they have

Unless you're doing a two bucket wash, do NOT towel dry the vehicle. There's no touch less wash on the planet that gets ALL the dirt off.

What is a "Micro Towel" anyway?

If anything, you should be using WW if you must hand dry the car after a touch less wash.

Air drying is a great way to get hard water spots all over your vehicle too.

2 bucket or don't bother gets my vote.

Chris

Unless you're doing a two bucket wash, do NOT towel dry the vehicle. There's no touch less wash on the planet that gets ALL the dirt off.

What is a "Micro Towel" anyway?

If anything, you should be using WW if you must hand dry the car after a touch less wash.

Air drying is a great way to get hard water spots all over your vehicle too.

2 bucket or don't bother gets my vote.

Chris

I agree totally. If anything get yourself a electric leaf blower if you want a good drying. I love mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Personally, I wouldn't do either of what you listed above, if you are looking to cause minimal damage to your paint.

A proper two bucket wash is the right way to go. If your only time for a two bucket wash is at lunch...a G8 only should take about 10 minutes max to dry with an Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel and DS as a drying agent.

I would see about perhaps getting off a little bit early if you don't have time at lunch to complete the whole thing. Running it through a car beater then doing a DS wipedown will end up yielding you a couple weekends of paint correction.

IMO it's better to roll dirty and not damaged, than it is to roll "clean" chock full of swirls and love marks from the autowash.

Mook

Ok well maybe I'll wash it at lunch, use detail and all that then and if she gets a bit dusty she will still look sexy and can rock that look. Prob goina get dusty sitting there anyways

Ok well maybe I'll wash it at lunch, use detail and all that then and if she gets a bit dusty she will still look sexy and can rock that look. Prob goina get dusty sitting there anyways

Treat dirt like they're razor blades or sand paper. You wouldn't dry your car with sand paper... :jester:

When I don't have time to do a proper drying, I will drive the car a few miles to get most of the water off, then I will use a microfiber to finish what little remains on the car. If you wipe lightly, you won't get swirls, slow and light, and also it you use some Detail Spray with the microfiber, you should be able to be clean, dry, and swirl free. But I agree with Mook in his post...I just ordered a couple more GW drying towels, since I only have one of the first ones Adam offered...not even blue but a yellow waffle drying towel, and it has seen better days.

Ya I'm going to problem is I got a whole entire list of stuff I want and no $ to get it lol! Maybe I'll just buy a few... Or I should send out a email and make a list so people can get me Adams stuff for my wedding :) lol

Ya I'm going to problem is I got a whole entire list of stuff I want and no $ to get it lol! Maybe I'll just buy a few... Or I should send out a email and make a list so people can get me Adams stuff for my wedding :) lol

Heehee, are you going to register on Adam's for your wedding!

Love it!

:2thumbs:

Heehee, are you going to register on Adam's for your wedding!

Love it!

:2thumbs:

Hmmm...... now that is not a bad idea. :)

Of course I've been married for over 20 years, but for you youngsters out there, I thing Dave is on to something. :rockon:

I was thinking about it.. Funny thing is it wouldn't suprise anyone except my grandma LOL

I think it makes sense, why not ask for something you really need and want...the thing to ask for is Adam's Gift Certificates, that way you can order what you want and get the correct item instead of hoping other people order you the correct thing. Also, I never thought I would have everything I want, and even after 10 years I find myself getting a few new Adam's items now and then but my collection is looking pretty good right now!

When I don't have time to do a proper drying, I will drive the car a few miles to get most of the water off, then I will use a microfiber to finish what little remains on the car. If you wipe lightly, you won't get swirls, slow and light, and also it you use some Detail Spray with the microfiber, you should be able to be clean, dry, and swirl free. But I agree with Mook in his post...I just ordered a couple more GW drying towels, since I only have one of the first ones Adam offered...not even blue but a yellow waffle drying towel, and it has seen better days.

Do you really?

My car is black, and I can safely say that after one mile, the back end of my car from the wheels back is covered in dust.

I would highly recommend people don't do this if you're looking for perfection.

Chris

Do you really?

My car is black, and I can safely say that after one mile, the back end of my car from the wheels back is covered in dust.

I would highly recommend people don't do this if you're looking for perfection.

Chris

:iagree:

While it may be fun to dry the car by doing some fast driving... it WILL introduce road dirt.

:cheers:

Guess I have to agree, and I mostly do this if I am only washing and drying...I will say that it does increase the possibility of introducing dirt but if you drive slow and stay on "clean" roads, you don't see much dirt, besides, usually only a mile or so drive before completing the drying and using DS. I haven't really seen a swirl or dirt problem but I do agree it could happen but I have not had that problem. Plus if you have a vehicle that has a tendency to throw road dirt onto the exterior, I would not recommend driving before drying, however, since this doesn't seem to affect our vehicles having dirt accumulate after a short slow drive doesn't happen.

Edited by mjhpadi

IMO it's better to roll dirty....

Mook

Spoken from the mouth of experience! :willy:

Seriously thought my dirty squeaky friend is 110% correct..

I do 2-3 bucket wash, DS & MFDT, and hit it with a bit of Blaster Sidekick for good measure..

I was a skeptic about the Blaster, but one use and I'm a believer!

So yea, 2 bucket, DS & Towel, and if possible Forced Air.. and your golden