Customer Service 866.965.0400

'99 Black Viper GTS needs Adam Bad

realityeds

Finally it's time to shed my snake's hologram and scratched skin for an Adam's mirror shine. Thanks to the Junkman and his videos for getting me here.

So, the ongoing Flex v. PC... Right now I have my checkout cart on adamspolishes.com ready to pull the trigger, just want to make sure what's the best choice to get rid of my issues. What y'all think?:help: The car has no major deep "fingernail" scratches, just pervasive holograms and clear coat scratches. There's also old gunk from "detailing" by the previous owner as shown in the picture of my vent cranny. There's also hard water etching, notably on the exhaust sill also shown.

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

:rockon:

So, the ongoing Flex v. PC... Right now I have my checkout cart on adamspolishes.com ready to pull the trigger, just want to make sure what's the best choice to get rid of my issues. What y'all think?:help: The car has no major deep "fingernail" scratches, just pervasive holograms and clear coat scratches. There's also old gunk from "detailing" by the previous owner as shown in the picture of my vent cranny. There's also hard water etching, notably on the exhaust sill also shown.

Those look nasty! The PC can handle those swirls, but it will take many passes, while the Flex will knock them out in a few passes. The plus with the PC is it will handle the 4" Focus pads. If you have the time and don't plan to do many other cars, the PC may be the choice.

what about the "gunk"?? I figure Adam's all purpose cleaner but what about the elbow grease part?.. microfiber towel or old toothbrush (is that blasphemy here)?

the APC will get that gunk right out of there! Let it soak on there then agitate it with a brush or some sort and it should look like new

If it's just dried wax or polish start with DS. You may want to try using qtips or wrapping a microfiber towel around a Popsicle stick. If that doesn't work, step up to the APC.

nice thing about viper paint is its not nearly as hard as say a corvette's clearcoat.

PC may be all you need, but given the condition of what your working on, the FLEX will save you time!

i like to ask this, how much is your time worth? you could save about 1/3 of your polishing time by using the flex. that could be 2-4 hours of your time.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

nice thing about viper paint is its not nearly as hard as say a corvette's clearcoat.

PC may be all you need, but given the condition of what your working on, the FLEX will save you time!

i like to ask this, how much is your time worth? you could save about 1/3 of your polishing time by using the flex. that could be 2-4 hours of your time.

I chickened out and went with the PC. Working in the garage is kind of a no pressure thing so more time is no problem.

Make sure you do some test spots. Get a feel for what type of process the paint needs.

I would start with, orange pad and S&H, then white pad with FMP, quick sealant, glaze and americana.

It's going to look sweet when done.

Some of those areas might need a rotary! As an owner of many black cars (since 1989 a dozen or so) I'd say the Flex would be the only choice for this terrific Viper. I did a silver Viper with a PC in much better shape and it was fine. But my C5 Vette was very very difficult to correct with the PC. I just ordered a Flex for my 2010 Black C6.

"finished"... you know that is never true but a good time to take a breather right before the Moparfest in town.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

There was a light breeze so the grit you see is the dust particles already accumulating...