Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford Edge

07RS4

Ok, for some reason I want one really bad. Don't ask me why. I don't know who has gotten a hold of Ford lately, but they have a very impressive line-up IMO (as far as styling goes). I find myself giving Fords plenty of second looks lately.

Now, back to the question.

Yeah/Neah

Pro's/Cons

Looking at this model/color. White/Sport/AWD/22's.

Need your honest opinions. Just to see if I'm missing something here or there is a deal breaker that I just don't know about. BTW, what is Fords warranty?

Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford Edge AWD Sport in Fairfield, CA 94534: Sport Utility Details - 322612280 - AutoTrader.com

I love the ones with the 22's on them. Finally saw a nice dark blue one around here in Fairfield CT last week. I sneaked a peak on the interior only to find somebody sitting in the back seat. Oops!

I was impressed with it though. I can't think of any cons besides being a Ford. But there interior technology is pretty sweet. I would go for it if you like it after the test drive. As for the warranty I found the link below for the 13 Edge.

2013 Ford Edge Sport Sport Utility Warranty - 2013 Ford Edge Sport SUV Warranties - Motor Trend Magazine

I have the same feelings about them... I really love the way they look, but I just have no need for one. :patriot:

I don't really need one, but I get bored of vehicles every 2 years. IDK why, haha.

I love the ones with the 22's on them. Finally saw a nice dark blue one around here in Fairfield CT last week. I sneaked a peak on the interior only to find somebody sitting in the back seat. Oops!

I was impressed with it though. I can't think of any cons besides being a Ford. But there interior technology is pretty sweet. I would go for it if you like it after the test drive. As for the warranty I found the link below for the 13 Edge.

2013 Ford Edge Sport Sport Utility Warranty - 2013 Ford Edge Sport SUV Warranties - Motor Trend Magazine

Thanks John. That's pretty funny....awkward moment:lolsmack:

The warranty is 3/36 huh, well better than nothing I guess. The rust warranty is 5 years...guess they never heard of quick sealant and undercarriage spray, haha.

Now...to decide the color. I think White looks sharp, but I also like the red and the blue. Dang, that's going to be a tough choice.

If you end up getting one, I say go for the white one, it looks sharp.

As for other colors, to me it seems like it's "bunched up" in a way, like a midget on steroids (no offense to anyone).

Dude... :eek: your an audi owner and your thinking of going to an oval? you will be sorely disappointed :jester:

on a side note $44,500 for that...Holly S*** :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I thought they were like 22k. Just get a Q5. order it now and you will have the refreshed looks. THAT imo is the best looking suv on the market next to the new X3. You can get so much more for your money for the same price going german, not to mention the Q5 my dad had handled like a car. :D:jester:

either way ill support your decision should you go with that haha. just do me a favor and take a look at the x3 and the q5 before you make a decision. Also make sure you drive them all for a decent time. I know ford has come a long way, i would be curious to know if you purchase it how it compares to an audi's fit and finish. I know you know what im talking about, you know and understand what a quality vehicle is. that ford would look great with powdercoated black rims, and 3 1/2 tinted windows

One con that I noticed from my short stint working at a Ford Dealership...

blind spots...seemed to be tough to get a handle of where I was. But just take it for a test drive and see how you feel, just something to consider

I actually also am highly considering buying one of these too. To be honest, Ford has came such a long way in my book. I for one always was a GM guy but, Ford has really grown on me. The white is very sharp looking but, it seems like every color option seems to work on this car. Car is awesome looking, the wheels make it!

Dude... :eek: your an audi owner and your thinking of going to an oval? you will be sorely disappointed :jester:

on a side note $44,500 for that...Holly S*** :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I thought they were like 22k. Just get a Q5. order it now and you will have the refreshed looks. THAT imo is the best looking suv on the market next to the new X3. You can get so much more for your money for the same price going german, not to mention the Q5 my dad had handled like a car. :D:jester:

either way ill support your decision should you go with that haha. just do me a favor and take a look at the x3 and the q5 before you make a decision. Also make sure you drive them all for a decent time. I know ford has come a long way, i would be curious to know if you purchase it how it compares to an audi's fit and finish. I know you know what im talking about, you know and understand what a quality vehicle is. that ford would look great with powdercoated black rims, and 3 1/2 tinted windows

I knew this would bother you...I was just waiting for you to chime in because I always respect honest answers, and you Joisy boys don't hold back.

I wouldn't be an X3 if someone gave it to me, I'd be pissed I had to pay taxes on it:D. Yeah, Not a BMW fan, and although I'm a big Audi fan, I've never really gravitated to the Q5 and Q7. We test drove both because my wife was jealous of my car, and wanted a Q7. Although the fit and finish is what you'd expect, and they drive incredible...I'm not much on the styling. Plus with taxes, you're looking at $60+ and I'm not paying that much. Have you looked at the military pay charts?:o

Well the price, if you haven't priced vehicles lately, anything decent is $35K+ at least. And no, I was just using that one as an example, I wouldn't pay that much. I got my wife's Dodge Minivan 5 years ago and it was $22K, and it's a minivan. Vehicles aint what they used to be, they are expensive. The used car market is almost as high as the new car market.

I'm disappointed in you, you seem to be converting to Bavarian Motor Works, I don't like it:loser:.

+1 stick with Euro! :)

I don't believe I would sell the RS. I know I would be dissapointed if I try to compare the two, because it's like comparing apples and oranges. There are thousands for Ford Edge's on sale in the US right now, there's about 40 RS4's...and only 5 with less miles than mine. I could grab $42K - $45K for it on the market...so money may talk in this case. They are just so expensive to maintain.

While most pay $150 for a brake job, I'm looking at $1K....$500 if I do it myself.

Where most can pick-up a supercharger kit for their vehicle for $5K, I'm looking at $17K.

Oil change $25...me $125.

I can go on and on. But you get what you pay for, but as I get older I'm beginning not to care, haha.

Edited by 07RS4

They are nice,, I had looked at this one. This is the sport model with the 22" wheels and all. Just not sure yet,,,

Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford Edge 2WD Sport in Lake Wales, FL 33859: Sport Utility Details - 318448209 - AutoTrader.com

That's nice man. 2013 and the price is $37K, I like that. I wonder what the difference is between the one I posted to make the difference $7K? Let me know if you ever get one Gary, and I'll do the same.

EDIT: Just notice it's 2WD, which is fine with me if it's that big of price difference I'm sure there are more differences. I would talk them down even lower though:D I don't mess around in dealerships.