Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water spots

BlueGenCoupe

Question

All last weekend I detailed my car. I had some nasty water spots and tried to remove them like Dylan said in http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/14737.htm , but none worked. I had to polish them out.

After polishing them out my hood was perfect. All this week the car has been sitting in the garage, I only took it out twice. The one day I took it out, a few drops of rain fell. I went to check my paint just now and my hood is filled with hard water spots. I tried rubbing them off, but they wouldn't budge.

I have MSS topped with Americana on the paint so how is the few little specs on rain destroying my paint? I can't be polishing my hood everytime it rains. I wont have a clear coat left.

8 answers to this question

Anthony, has this every happened before? I know you've had the car for a while, is this a new issue that's just reared it's ugly head, or something that's always been an issue?

If it's been an issue ever since you've gotten the car, it's probably some sort of acid rain. When the water is evaporating, it's leaving behind some major deposits of some sort that are bonding to your paint. This combined with the heat from the sun, is "baking" the deposits into your paint. Sealants and Wax's minimize the affects, but they are no means some sort of bullet proof vest for your paint. I think your only recourse, and it will be a pain in the butt to keep up with, is try to catch it with a WW wipedown before it dries. At least you have a garage, or I'm sure it would look even worse.

I know people on here don't recommend WW after it rains, but what is the point if you can't use it in a situation like this? If done properly, you should be able to minimize damage. You could also MB all the water off as soon as you get home, but that won't help you if your out and about.

Could it be the clear coat? VelosterRyan has stated he hates the car because of the clear coat, now two owners of Hyundais mention bad water spots, and I swear I've seen another Hyundai owner on here saying his clear coat is flaking.

Could it be the clear coat? VelosterRyan has stated he hates the car because of the clear coat, now two owners of Hyundais mention bad water spots, and I swear I've seen another Hyundai owner on here saying his clear coat is flaking.

Tim that was me

If your out and about and you get just a few sprinkles on your paint, you could just place a MF towel on top of the and let the towel soak up the drops. No rubbing! The when you have time you can do a proper 2 bucket wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk