Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bug removal

sbb888

Question

Hello, first time poster. I was at the Miata clinic and Adam was talking about something that you could put on the bugs and they would just wipe off. I didn't hear what he said and was just going to ask when he was done with the clinic but I had to leave. Can anyone tell me what he might have been talking about?

Thanks, Bob

8 answers to this question

Hello, first time poster. I was at the Miata clinic and Adam was talking about something that you could put on the bugs and they would just wipe off. I didn't hear what he said and was just going to ask when he was done with the clinic but I had to leave. Can anyone tell me what he might have been talking about?

Thanks, Bob

Was it for bug removal now, or to make it easier to remove the bugs later?

If it is for later, then Troy's recommendation of QS it spot on. QS is a fast way to provide extra protection against bugs, and they will be very easy to move later.

If it is for now, WW can be useful for soaking the bugs before the wash.

Quick Sealant is good to use BEFORE the bugs, when the car is clean. It seems to make the finish very slick and the bugs don't stick as much. Quick sealant is used on clean paint.

When I have bugs on the car, I use Waterless Wash as a presoak. This softens the bug carcasses and makes them much easier to remove.

:cheers:

Was it for bug removal now, or to make it easier to remove the bugs later?

If it is for later, then Troy's recommendation of QS it spot on. QS is a fast way to provide extra protection against bugs, and they will be very easy to move later.

If it is for now, WW can be useful for soaking the bugs before the wash.

Quick Sealant is good to use BEFORE the bugs, when the car is clean. It seems to make the finish very slick and the bugs don't stick as much. Quick sealant is used on clean paint.

When I have bugs on the car, I use Waterless Wash as a presoak. This softens the bug carcasses and makes them much easier to remove.

:cheers:

Wow, great minds think alike! :jester:

I have found that spraying the bugs with some Quick Detailer and allowing them to soad for a few minutes seems to make removing them very easy, but then again, the front of my car has been protected with Adam''s since it was 3 days old...

Adam was covering quite a few things at this time. If I remember right I thought he was using the in & out spray or maybe the detail spray around the pop up headlights and said that was good for getting bugs off. Is that possible? If the waterless wash works I will try that

Thanks guys

Adam was covering quite a few things at this time. If I remember right I thought he was using the in & out spray or maybe the detail spray around the pop up headlights and said that was good for getting bugs off. Is that possible? If the waterless wash works I will try that

Thanks guys

If it was an aerosol, it would have been QS. He would have been using it for extra protection, which would allow the bugs to come off easier when washed.

WW is a blue liquid in a regular Adam's spray bottle.