Customer Service 866.965.0400

In Need Of New Business Cards

DP 08 GXP

i am currently getting pretty low on my business cards and i am wanting to change it up a little bit...as of right now this is what i have

Design2.jpg

i obviously no longer have the GXP so i am looking to get a new design...the back i am going to leave alone unless someone wants to work on that as well.....i am pretty open to designs, colors, layout, etc.....i am going to post this on a few other sites and whoever i pick will earn themselves $20....any questions feel free to pm or leave a message in this thread...i am looking for something that is professional and going to stand out.....thanks for the help

$20 isn't going to get you something professional. I'm a graphic designer and make my living doing stuff like this. It's like me approaching you wanting a full detail and then saying "$100 for a car wash? You're nuts." you might get some half decent designs for your bounty, but investing some real money with a professional can pay back in spades. Your business card is often your first impression with customers. Most potential customers with $50,000 cars can see/feel a vistaprint card and know he's dealing with an amature, rather than picking up and seeing a quality card and knowing that he's dealing with a competent, insured shop that's going to take good care of his vehicle. Its worth doing it right to reach the next level of customers and set the right expectations.

:cheers:

$20 isn't going to get you something professional. I'm a graphic designer and make my living doing stuff like this. It's like me approaching you wanting a full detail and then saying "$100 for a car wash? You're nuts." you might get some half decent designs for your bounty, but investing some real money with a professional can pay back in spades. Your business card is often your first impression with customers. Most potential customers with $50,000 cars can see/feel a vistaprint card and know he's dealing with an amature, rather than picking up and seeing a quality card and knowing that he's dealing with a competent, insured shop that's going to take good care of his vehicle. Its worth doing it right to reach the next level of customers and set the right expectations.

:cheers:

so how much is a good price to pay in general?

Go to Zazzle.com and check out their templates. I used one and customized it to work for my needs. It took a while to get them the way I liked though. Once I placed my first order for a set of 100 for $23 they sent me emails for 50% my next re-order. From there I ordered 200 cards and with shipping they were still $23. Everytime I order new ones I get the 50% off coupon again. Shipping takes about a week to receive. You can't see the back of the cards on here but they have a list of different types of services with more contact info. Good luck

Edited by JBlack151

Designing a card, in my opinion, isn't just someone creating a card that looks cool. It requires that the designer interview you to understand you, your personality and what you want to communicate through the card. If a picture is worth a thousand words (and the card is a graphic/picture) then what do you want those thousand words to say?

I think this is part of what Rich was communicating in his post. $20 won't get you this.

Since it seems you are leaning towards using a pic(s) of your cars, knowing what you want the card to communicate will also play a large part in the photography session on the cars you include on the card.

A card communicates more and can contribute or detract from your business more than you realize. If you have time, pull together whatever business cards you have and look at each one. Overall, what does each card communicate? What do you feel? Where do your thoughts go? What do you remember about a card after you look away? If you don't know the person who gave you the card, what would you think about them based on the card? Would you trust them? Will they be professional? Prompt? Will they have integrity? Will you remember them based on the card? And will the memory be a positive memory?

Just some food for thought!

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Bro there is no business card besides moo.com ill ever get cards from...not your cheap card from vistaprint..nice thick, wonder ful designs, custom designs, I haven't had anyone not tell me nice cards. Check em out...they are excellent cards bro...

Tapa Mobile..

I have just spent a fortune on re designing marketing material for my company. 8 page brochure,move in mailers and business cards from a company that specializes in my industry. In the beginning I was like you and didn't understand he point of paying someone top dollar to do something I thought I could do. Let me tell you it shows, you cannot cheap out on something that represents your company. You can be the best detailer with a DIY card and the customer will choose the guy with the better looking card even though his detail is sub par. Marketing material has alot to do with how clients perceive your company. People say print media is gone but I couldn't disagree more.

Plan on spending 100-199 for a really nice card. IMO that's not enough because they deserve more with the amount of time they put in but that seems to be the going rate.

I just held a tshirt design from Logo Design, Web Design and More. Design Done Differently | 99designs and couldn't be happier with what different designers came up with. They also offer logos and business card designs, I say check them out!

THat $20 bucks your offering is really an insult IMO. :o

THat $20 bucks your offering is really an insult IMO. :o

I apologize if my previous comment of spening $20 on my cards insulted you buddy. That was my bad, and I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I absolutely understand where you're coming from.

I usually give out about 50-100 cards a week, especially during busy months like right now. This past weekend I went thru about 200 cards at a car show and also filling up my holders I have all over local businesses in my area.

I would love to jump into this full time, but I need to build my client base more and to have a shop would also help a lot. For now I've been really busy and I'm thankful for that. When I ask people how they heard of me, 50% of the time it's because they saw my card displayed somewhere. The other 40% are referred from previous clients. The last 10% is usually from meeting my in person at the local car shows I attend.

I guess it's also how you're marketing as well. We live in a nice county with most people taking the train into NYC. I have my cards all along the trains stations at several stops around me which is a huge help with a lot of business men/women who have nice cars. Then I keep my cards stocked up in nice holders in liquor stores, deli stores, restaurants, dry cleaners, and more. I don't leave a stack of them somewhere. That looks tasteless to me.

As my profits increase and the time is available then I plan on investing in better cards, shirts, flyers, etc. For now my DIY cards to doing well for me. :thumbsup:

Brendon, once you spent that $100-$199 to have them done, how much do you pay to have more delivered? Just want to know for when I look into this.