Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressure washer/foamer convo!

DemoN

Question

Based on a thread posted by our local Swirl Assassin, 07RS4...

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/tips-tricks/17094.htm

seeing his foam cannon...

DSCN2054.jpg

Reading THIS from him:

I did the foam, rinse, foam, wash method. When I took the wash mitt to the paint after the second foaming, there was so much foam on the car I literally couldn't see what I was wiping. If I left the nozzle in place for more than a second or two, it would start foaming like shaving cream.

Another plus, if you wanted to actually conserve soap, you could get like 3 vehicles out of it, but I was having to much damn fun to be honest. The container is 34oz, and I used 5 oz of shampoo and 24 oz of water. I left the rest so I could mix it up.

and watching THIS video:

I'm kinda interested in a good priced pressure washer and foamer to use with my Adam's.

But i didn't want to take over his convo....so...

..DISCUSS. how uses this? how do you like it? thoughts? opinions?

...lets go.

07RS4

23 answers to this question

i have the foam cannon the left hooked up to my karcher 1800 psi pressure washer and i love it....if the car is really bad i foam once then pressure wash it and a lot of the dirt is gone...foam again and go to town with my 2 buckets....plus it looks really cool and the neighbors just stare lol

I'm at work right now, but I can provide a detailed response when I get home and take you up on that challenge :)

I actually did just buy a electric pressure washer a few weeks ago, and there is a significant performance difference between that and my gas unit.

I to am curious about a foam canon, however I would like to use a electric pressure washer. Anyone know fo a good one that is compatible?

This is where i'm at. i'd like a good electric pressure washer with a foam cannon.

I have the cleanforce 1800 hd with the mtm lance... I use Adams shampoo and the foam lasts 2-5 minutes dwell... I foam AFTER using the PW to knock down any dirt/pollen/leaves.. Etc..

[m]

69729c6c-f20a-46c0-95ba-314bcd122d1a_400.jpg

nice price too @ 170.00

My Wife said she wants to get a pressure washer for some other things, I told her I've been wanting to get one, lol

trying to pick one out, and this would be a nice thing to have as well..

I use a foam cannon every time I was my ride. I honestly can say its impossible for me to wash without it.

I'm currently using a Mack 3000 psi pressure washer. My old man found it on sale at Canadian tire. I use a separate wand that's strictly for my foam cannon like seen in this thread.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16760

I to am curious about a foam canon, however I would like to use a electric pressure washer. Anyone know fo a good one that is compatible?

I got mine at Home Depot for like $20. I don't use it a whole lot though, it's more trouble than it's worth to hook it all up just to spray soap foam on the car.

I got mine at Home Depot for like $20. I don't use it a whole lot though, it's more trouble than it's worth to hook it all up just to spray soap foam on the car.

For $20 you didn't get a foam cannon, you got the G Blaster "Suds" Gun. You get what you pay for on that thing:thumbsup: If you have QD's on all your stuff, it shouldn't take but and a minute or two to hook up an electric pressure washer.

For $20 you didn't get a foam cannon, you got the G Blaster "Suds" Gun. You get what you pay for on that thing:thumbsup: If you have QD's on all your stuff, it shouldn't take but and a minute or two to hook up an electric pressure washer.

I guess it's not exactly the same thing , but on the extremely rare occasion that I use it, it does the job. It blasts a thick layer of foamy soap all over my car. :thumbsup:

Edited by WarBunny

Ok so help me understand something...are you guys just using the pressure washer for the suds??? I have a foam gun already but it attaches to the hose. Are you guys using the pressure washer instead of a two bucket wash?? I agree the suds are cool...but other than covering the car with suds what is the advantage to using a pressure washer?

Ok so help me understand something...are you guys just using the pressure washer for the suds??? I have a foam gun already but it attaches to the hose. Are you guys using the pressure washer instead of a two bucket wash?? I agree the suds are cool...but other than covering the car with suds what is the advantage to using a pressure washer?

I pretty much only break out the pressure washer when my car is FILTHY. That doesn't happen a lot. :) If I was detailing as a job, I would foam every car, but for me, that's kind of a luxury step. Probably like most on here, my car gets washed a lot...it's generally still "clean" when I wash it, and it always has a nice coat of wax. In that situation, foaming the car (IMO) is unnecessary, as the pre-wash rinse, combined with a good wash mitt and soap will float the dirt off nicely.

Also, my water pressure is pretty bad, so the extra spray and power is nice when I use the pressure washer.

I'm at work right now, but I can provide a detailed response when I get home and take you up on that challenge :)

I actually did just buy a electric pressure washer a few weeks ago, and there is a significant performance difference between that and my gas unit.

Okay Dave where did I "miss" this giant Adam's foam gun? Or I should ask, where can I buy one at? I looked on Adam's products page and couldn't find it.

I have a smaller one but I really don't like the way it works off of a garden hose. I have a 3,000 psi commercial pressure washer - that would work with this big one right?

I think the giant "Adam's" foam gun is actually an MTM Foam Lance with an Adam's sticker on the bottle.

Tks Ryan. I "thought" perhaps that's what it was but just needed to be sure I wasn't missing something from Adam.

Got to get me one of those ASAP. :drool:

69729c6c-f20a-46c0-95ba-314bcd122d1a_400.jpg

nice price too @ 170.00

DSCN2054.jpg

I bought the MTM lance and this PW. For you guys that are using this setup, how are you hooking them up? The silver fitting that comes on the lance doesn't seem to fit anything. I would like to use some QD's but I can't find any that fit the hose.

Edited by GXPaycheck