Customer Service 866.965.0400

Nasty Water Spots

Fiveg56

Question

15 answers to this question

This morning my daughters car was covered with heavy water spots from sitting on the street for 4 days and the house next to her car had it's sprinklers over spraying on the car. It was so bad you really could not see through the glass. I took some vinegar on a terry cloth and cleaned all the windows off by pouring some vinegar on the towel and wiping vigorously. They all came out for the most part...but the car smelled like red wine vinegar! :lolsmack:

This morning my daughters car was covered with heavy water spots from sitting on the street for 4 days and the house next to her car had it's sprinklers over spraying on the car. It was so bad you really could not see through the glass. I took some vinegar on a terry cloth and cleaned all the windows off by pouring some vinegar on the towel and wiping vigorously. They all came out for the most part...but the car smelled like red wine vinegar! :lolsmack:

Oh wow I've never heard of someone using vinegar! Another cheap way to get water spots off windows is denatured alcohol mixed 3:1 with distilled water. From your description I'd say the alcohol mix is a far less arm work out as well. This mix can also be used to clean up wax residue from door jams etc..

I also know quite a few detailers that use this mix after polishing to ensure no oils are left on the paint before they start their protection layers.

If nothing else works you can use a mild clay bar. I'm not very familiar with all of Adams products but as a last resort you can use window polish or something along the lines of klass all in one with a finishing pad.

Best of luck.

-Travis