Customer Service 866.965.0400

anybody ever use spray detailer to polish a guitar?

smokemeister25

Question

ok, maybe not a guitar. i have a custom hawaiian made tenor ukulele with a high gloss finish and wondered if spray detailer would be safe on it? i think it probably would but thought i'd ask before i use it frequently. it's a koa wood instrument with a UV cured high gloss finish. i use a little microfiber cloth that people make for guitars and ukes but imagine that ours is much higher quality and is better for it.

we gotta have some musicians on our forum with expensive git boxes who use the same stuff on their instruments as they do on their ferraris....:D

11 answers to this question

ok, maybe not a guitar. i have a custom hawaiian made tenor ukulele with a high gloss finish and wondered if spray detailer would be safe on it? i think it probably would but thought i'd ask before i use it frequently. it's a koa wood instrument with a UV cured high gloss finish. i use a little microfiber cloth that people make for guitars and ukes but imagine that ours is much higher quality and is better for it.

we gotta have some musicians on our forum with expensive git boxes who use the same stuff on their instruments as they do on their ferraris....:D

Where you been hiding?

been a hard winter.. in december i walked out my front door and slipped on my lawn and broke all the bones that hold your foot on.... yep, totally destroyed my ankle. had surgery on both sides and a couple dozen screws and plates put in and then had to stay in bed with my foot suspended for over 16 weeks afterwards. was allowed to start walking a little at 5 months and when i put my leg down to try the one bone broke again instantly... but i seem to be on the road again now.

although i could sure use some help if anybody wants to come over and help me burn up some adams products and clean a couple of cars .....:)

been a hard winter.. in december i walked out my front door and slipped on my lawn and broke all the bones that hold your foot on.... yep, totally destroyed my ankle. had surgery on both sides and a couple dozen screws and plates put in and then had to stay in bed with my foot suspended for over 16 weeks afterwards. was allowed to start walking a little at 5 months and when i put my leg down to try the one bone broke again instantly... but i seem to be on the road again now.

although i could sure use some help if anybody wants to come over and help me burn up some adams products and clean a couple of cars .....:)

Man, that sounds like a serious string of bad luck man. Hope it heals for you this time...good to see you back on here however.:o

Happy to see you back on here! Hope your recovery continues and you get your mobility back.

:cheers:

my new custom uke is an unusual finish and super glossy. anybody that has one of the upper end Taylor guitars it's the same UV cured finish they use. tried the DS on it and it SUPER glossy and even shinier now. i expected that. what i wasn't sure would happen is how slippy it is. the body is very slippery and the neck is too. which is nice because it offers even less resistance on the neck when playing. wonder how it will effect the finish over time?

thanks for all the recovery wishes. i notice i haven't been flooded with emails saying when people are coming over to help claybar and work my PC.... :lol:

I used it on our wood floor... The wife told me to NEVER do that again.

WOW was it slippery!

I use it on the stainless appliances. And learned the hard way that I need to use APC on the floor afterwards to remove any detail spray that hits the floor. Detail spray makes our sealed tile floor very very slippery. :help:

thanks for all the recovery wishes. i notice i haven't been flooded with emails saying when people are coming over to help claybar and work my PC.... :lol:

Too far from me... otherwise I'd be there! :2thumbs: