Customer Service 866.965.0400

Governmental regulations (Again_

Corners

[ame=

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnlXGvA1Wk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I think this video pretty much says it all. I think Oregon has the higest prices for gas and diesel. In the meantime, our Government has and is using some some of the best engines in the World. It's just to bad that their selling/shipping them "only" to overseas dealerships.

In the meantime, our Government is forcing car manufactures, demanding, more fuel efficent engines. U.S. engine manufactures keep coming out with better and better engines but at a much higher price to the consumer.

If this video is indeed factual then I have to wonder why those of us in the U.S. are being denied these types of engines. I think I know part of the answer.

Currently we are paying taxes to keep repairing our roads and bridges. High price gas and low mileage engines puts more money in those funds. Introduce these new high mileage engines to US consumers and you then come up with a two edge sword.

Consumers are going to get superior mileage. However the road funds will or could be depleted, gas/diesel prices increase. Then if the Government isn't happy with that situation, they will increase your property taxes or find other ways to ensure we as consumers will end up paying more for "something" that the Government will surely think of.

I believe this video shows us one of many possible examples of how the Government continues to control us.

If we, as consumers of Adam's products become a little upset if he has to raise prices on some of his products, you can bet that he's being forced to pay higher prices to buy them. The evolution of financial survival, being created by the Government that has been going on for more years than most of us can remember.

Regarding the issue around miles per gallon, I know that the euro versions of our cars have had better miles per gallon as the guy in the video stated. I remember reading about the smart car years ago and thinking it would be cool if it came to the states because it was getting around 70 mpg. Of course when it did finally get here it fuel economy was roughly half of the euro version.

Does our gov't really want to lessen our dependence on foreign oil? Maybe some in the gov't do but the people who make the decisions are influenced by special interest groups.

Regarding the loss of tax revenue -I am not sure the gov't is really concerned about losing the tax revenue. I don't get the impression our gov't is really concerned about balancing income and expenses. Our gov't doesn't seem to really take deficits to heart, so why would they care if they lost a little gas tax revenue. Besides, we have one-time "gas guzzler" taxes, they could just as easily create some "gas miser" taxes.

The one thing we as american's need to give up in order to get better fuel economy is horse power. These high fuel economy engines don't put out the same power or torque curves that we are accustomed to having. Personally I would like to have powerful cars and also the choice of high fuel economy cars. Powerful cars for hauling and fun and high economy for daily drivers.

:cheers:

EPA regs are the prob.

:iagree: its not the total problem, but A big part of it. Trust me I have to deal with those guys on a daily basis.

Yeah and Oregon does have some of the highest gas prices, but some of that is the fact that our government does not think we are smart enough to pump out own gas.

:iagree: its not the total problem, but A big part of it. Trust me I have to deal with those guys on a daily basis.

Yeah and Oregon does have some of the highest gas prices, but some of that is the fact that our government does not think we are smart enough to pump out own gas.

Gesh, have to answer you in the morning Digger - I had my reply just about done and this computer sent it into cyber space. :confused::mad: