Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water Stained Window?

Vink70

Question

My windshield mainly... it has like a ghosting affect on the windshield... When it rains I see the lines where the water ran down the windshield and it really bugs me. Even right after the wipers go over it it leaves the lines like the water ran down. Ive tried glass cleaner, next step to try is all purpose cleaner on it. I do wash/clay/revive/brilliant/wax it but just cannot get rid of it.

Ive HEARD but never tried that steel wool can revitalize glass but never wanted to try it.

5 answers to this question

Clay, followed by SHR and the 4" orange pad on a drill followed by a good APC clean to remove oils left from SHR and a coat of Adams Glass Sealant to seal it...

I'm not a fan of putting any carnuba products on my front window. Use a sealant like I stated above.

I've heard of people using 0000 SW but I won't!

Like Chris said, using a polish will clean up the window nicely. Personally I like to strip the sealant first (using APC) then use the Severe Swirl and Haze Remover with the 4" focus pads and after that I use a couple drops of Fine Machine Polish and a couple drops of Revive Polish, then wipe down with Glass Cleaner. Glass looks great afterwards. This process takes me about a minute for each piece of glass on the side and 3-4 minutes for the windshield.

Did a little write-up on how this works for me:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/17120.htm

:cheers:

Like Chris said, using a polish will clean up the window nicely. Personally I like to strip the sealant first (using APC) then use the Severe Swirl and Haze Remover with the 4" focus pads and after that I use a couple drops of Fine Machine Polish and a couple drops of Revive Polish, then wipe down with Glass Cleaner. Glass looks great afterwards. This process takes me about a minute for each piece of glass on the side and 3-4 minutes for the windshield.

Did a little write-up on how this works for me:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/17120.htm

:cheers:

:patriot: BOOM!