Customer Service 866.965.0400

BMW issues a patent request for 7-8 speed manual

3PedalMINI

This makes me so excited, that BMW still has an interest in producing manuals for us purest. Where other manufactures are leaving manuals behind in favor of the stupid flappy paddle gear box (IE Audi) BMW still recognizes this as an opportunity.

Looks like ill be a BMW guy for life until the other companies come to their senses and realizes that us premium car guys will be BMW customers for the sole reason of buying a premium german car in manual. You listening Audi? :mad:

Patent Reveals BMW 7+ Speed Manual Transmission Design! - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Soon they'll have two speed differentials in them... It'll be a 16 speed then! SWEET!

I like a manual, but for honest to goodness speed of shifts, it's hard to beat a computer. For simplicity, the manual wins of course.

Chris

I've owned a few manuals over the years, and I agree for the 'joy of driving' its a must have, but if you have to drive that same car during rush hour in socal you start to hate it REALLY QUICK.

Spend 3 hours on the 91 westbound where you never get above 15mph at any given time and stop every 10 feet that clutch pedal starts to eat away at your patience. I think I'd only ever own a manual in a car that was a toy now.

I've owned a few manuals over the years, and I agree for the 'joy of driving' its a must have, but if you have to drive that same car during rush hour in socal you start to hate it REALLY QUICK.

Spend 3 hours on the 91 westbound where you never get above 15mph at any given time and stop every 10 feet that clutch pedal starts to eat away at your patience. I think I'd only ever own a manual in a car that was a toy now.

Yep! Try doing that after doing legs at the gym! HOLY CARP! Shaky leg syndrome! :willy: lol

I once spent about four hours on the QEW trying to go the last 60km to get back to the US. That would have sucked in an automatic. I hear people talk of old football injuries, well I have an old manual transmission injury!

I once spent about four hours on the QEW trying to go the last 60km to get back to the US. That would have sucked in an automatic. I hear people talk of old football injuries, well I have an old manual transmission injury!

How would that suck in an Auto?

Four hours in traffic to go 38 miles - thats how!

I'd think that's where an auto would be a godsend!

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

I'd think that's where an auto would be a godsend!

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

Compared to a manual, absolutely. But I hate traffic and less than ten miles per hour for four hours isn't my cup of tea.