Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing microfiber towels

RickP330

Question

Hello All,

After a detailing I wash my towels. However, I am always worried about washing my clothes in the same machine when I am done. I try to do something which won't matter much but I was just wondering what everyone else does?

RickP

17 answers to this question

your afraid to mix the towels with clothes? or After you wash your towels your afraid your clothes might get damaged from the polish left behind in the machine?

If your worried about your clothes, best thing to do is soak them in a bucket over night and then wash them.

I just washed all my towels last night after my darks of clothes and before my whites of clothes and there were no issues. I've done all my clothes after the towels as well and still no issues. You should be fine. :2thumbs:

After you wash your towels your afraid your clothes might get damaged from the polish left behind in the machine?

That is exactly what I am worried about. I just moved into a new apartment and the washing machine looked a little grungy after the last time I washed my towels. It's not a very sophisticated washer...

RP

That is exactly what I am worried about. I just moved into a new apartment and the washing machine looked a little grungy after the last time I washed my towels. It's not a very sophisticated washer...

RP

Try using a washing machine washer... It's a detergent you put in to clean the washer. Report back after that...

You may need to add another rinse to the wash.

I never worry about it, after soaking overnight, much of the grime is removed.

There have been a couple of times that the agitator in the middle had some crud on it, I simply took some APC and cleaned it off.

If you are overly concerned I suppose you can run a cycle with just hot water and some soap to clean it out.

If you are concerned, try using some Washing Machine Cleaner before you start your clothes back up. Clorox sells it. It does WONDERS. I detail my machine before and after I am done. CWMC is in my regimen. IF I am out, I simply run a blank load with 2 oz of detergent, on hot water.

Mook

Not only that, but BEFORE and AFTER. So Mook, am I misreading this? Every time you wash your microfibers, you detail the machine TWICE? :eek:

Don't let my wife see this thread!:lolsmack:

Not only that, but BEFORE and AFTER. So Mook, am I misreading this? Every time you wash your microfibers, you detail the machine TWICE? :eek:

Don't let my wife see this thread!:lolsmack:

Don't let me see it either!

RP

Rick, let them sit in warm water and detergent over night. Give them a quick hand wash and throw them in the machine. You should be ok.

If you are concerned, try using some Washing Machine Cleaner before you start your clothes back up. Clorox sells it. It does WONDERS. I detail my machine before and after I am done. CWMC is in my regimen. IF I am out, I simply run a blank load with 2 oz of detergent, on hot water.

Mook

You are:willy:

...I detail my machine before and after I am done.

...Mook

Ok, so I must be a little bored and this statement amused me... this coupled with the revive polish thread inspired me to go detail the clothes washer.

Before:

812e60af.jpg

A few minutes later after a little revive... most of the water spots and film are gone on the right side!

50/50:

cf18dbae.jpg

76f17f53.jpg

Happy Detailing!! :jester:

HAHAH! You guys are too much.

My trying the Revive Polish on the washing machine is partly your fault! You talked in another thread about how you make excuses to find new uses for Revive... I was chuckling and laughing the whole time I did this 50/50...

:jester: