Customer Service 866.965.0400

03 Ford Escape vs PC

Numbr3t

I recently finished polishing my girlfriends escape with 135k miles on it. She pretty much only ever rinsed the dirt off of it. There were severe swirls plus many scratches from putting a laundry basket on the hood and letting the gas cap swing down time after time. I initially started to correct it with swirl and haze remover which didn't even touch it, so I ordered a severe polish/pad and went to work:

-before

f374aff3.jpg

-after

731c21f3.jpg

-before

6d420326.jpg

-after

09115405.jpg

-before

4186d374.jpg

-During

5980b26c.jpg

-after

9971ef40.jpg

23cb558b.jpg

All done

ae34d127.jpg

1688ed15.jpg

603c7163.jpg

73ab5ce2.jpg

f1cc8622.jpg

f72b6070.jpg

Well done! I had a 2002 Sport back in err... 2002-2005 It was a great vehicle.

Pre-Adams of course and I HATED the lower cladding. Probably still would though.

Chris

The cladding isn't so bad with a little sVRT! Its very durable vs rocks and things which is nice.

THAT was the one thing that rocked about it! Remember... I was pre-Adams...

I didn't tape off anything... No SVRT... :willy:

Thanks guys!

Yeah , I don't know how I washed cars before Adam's. All of their products are simply amazing.

It took about 10hours to do but I enjoyed every minute. It is so neat to see the transformation.

Great job Danny! Those results were well worth it. :thumbsup: Hopefully she appreciated all your hard work.

Haha I told her, no more laundry baskets on the hood and if she needs it washed just ask me and I'll do it.

Thanks! Yeah the PC did great and I'm very happy with the results. In some spots at certain angles I think I would have like some forced rotation provided by the flex but I think my main issue is I need some 4in pads for the tighter spots. Still thinking about the flex but I can't complain about the PC.

NICELY done! That looks great now.

Definitely, no more laundry baskets on the paint, or purses on the paint, or handbags on the paint, or any other item on the paint.

That thing looks brand new, maybe better!

Very nice work...does your girlfriend appreciate the time and effort it took to get the Escape looking great? Or will you be doing it all over again in a few months? Sure hope she appreciates how great it looks. BTW, I too only have a PC, but I'm considering adding the Flex, because there are times that the forced rotation would be good...and since I have the PC, adding the Flex would give maximum flexibility for all jobs.

Thanks a lot guys, that means a lot. I don't have Facebook so it's too bad I'm missing out on that.

I followed the instructions with the speed, started out at 5 for a few minutes then went to 6. I also took Dylan's advice when he said " in the detail world, less is more" so I used less polish than I did on my truck and it turned out WAY better than my truck did. As far as the girlfriend goes, I banned her from touching the paint at all! I told her I'll be taking care of the washing from now on. And yes she was very appreciative of it.

I'm having a lot of fun with my new expensive hobby and it is something I'm learning to love. Thanks for all the comments.

That looks immaculate! How many passes did you do on the bad panels?

What do passes count as? Each time across the panel ( up and down) or each time I went at it with more polish?