Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vac N' Blo 500 users?

Stang281

Question

I have a corded handheld vaccum with multipe attachments that make it easy to get in every corner and the suction is pretty good but could be better. Ive been looking the the Vac n blo 500 since it could be used as a replacment vaccum and also as a blower to dry those pesky areas that like to hold water and drip as the car is driven.

Has anyone used this unit? If so how do you like it? I would like to hear about the vaccum and blowing aspects but the blowing performance is more important on this thread.

I would go with the sidekick but for $80 I would rather buy the combo unit as long as it performs well as a vaccum and at least holds its own against the sidekick.

Thanks for any opinions.

6 answers to this question

I have the vac n blo which works great. After using as a vac for about a year now, I would never risk using it to blow dry. I feel there is always a chance of little rocks shooting out at the paint. I use the MB for this.

I have this little unit.

As a vac it works well for a well maintained car. If the car is really dirty (when I do others' cars) I can get the job done but it takes longer than it would with a stronger vac.

When I first got the unit I tried it as a blower but didn't find it very powerful and, like the post above, didn't want to risk blowing dirt and dust out onto the car. I find using an electric leaf blower to be a better option (though I would love to have the master blaster).

:cheers:

Edited by DaveVY

Indeed, I agree with Dave... Using the 500 is handy, especially for light vacuuming. For use on our daily drivers, I use the Shop Vac, or the Jumbo MetroVac.

I would say the the 500 is a great 2nd vacuum, that requires 10 seconds to plug in and use, and no time to wrap up and put away.

:2thumbs:

Shop Vac!! Can I trade my 500 for one? :lolsmack:

I would say the the 500 is a great 2nd vacuum, that requires 10 seconds to plug in and use, and no time to wrap up and put away.

I think this is a great attribute of it!

Another vote for the 500 as a secondary vac for its convenience and size. I use it a couple times a week for light cleanup inside our cars.

The blower side of the unit really isn't well suited for 'drying' purposes IMO... you never want to use a tool full of dust and debris, flip it around and potentially shoot that stuff back at your paint. I use the blower feature for blowing dust/debris out of my AC vents, or tight spots of the interior.

I have one and have to agree with everyone here. It's great when the car is a little bit dirty, but since I am in the Army and tend to roll around on the ground because of this the drivers side is always a big mess. Perhaps I should try hitting the driver's side a little more often then. I will admit that I have used it to blow out crevices of the car though. Looks like I may need to reconsider?