Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cant Decide on PC or Flex...

Formula

Question

Just starting on the whole detailing thing, never knew the correct way to actually do anything when it came to this. So this is my issue, I have two cars a 2000 Firebird, which is very good shape (very little swirls, scratches etc..) and I also have a 1993 Camaro (200k miles.....has very bad swirls, scratches, paint chips). After doing my test run on the hand polish system I'm addicted I gotta get it perfect now lol.

So basically long story short, I want to get my Camaro back to looking really good, but from what I have been reading about the PC it isn't great for getting rid of bad swirling, which is the Camaro's case. The PC would be great for my Firebird, but I'm not so sure on the Camaro...I also have really no experience on anything like a PC or a Flex and from some of the things I have read, the PC requires almost no experience but the Flex kind of does. So thats my situation any ideas?

ljh3I.jpg

Bad picture but the sun was making it difficult to catch the swirls, best I could do.

22 answers to this question

I'd do a Flex, but I'd used tools in the past. It's not hard to use and if you watch the video's and take notes, you'll love it.

The PC is nice to have for the tight areas.

I have both.

Chris

From my experience with the PC, you can correct your Camaro with it. The process will take longer with the PC than the Flex though. If you just plan on doing the one bad car (your Camaro) then save yourself the coin and get just the PC - the PC can also run the 4" pads which is nice.

That said, if you "catch the bug" and end up doing corrections for mates, family etc..... then it would be worth getting the Flex.

From my experience with the PC, you can correct your Camaro with it. The process will take longer with the PC than the Flex though. If you just plan on doing the one bad car (your Camaro) then save yourself the coin and get just the PC - the PC can also run the 4" pads which is nice.

That said, if you "catch the bug" and end up doing corrections for mates, family etc..... then it would be worth getting the Flex.

:iagree::iagree:

100% dead on the button. The PC will work great,, espically if just doing your ride. But like GrpA Calais, if you are doing it for money, then FLEX all the way.

Depends on your wallet my friend!! BOTH will do what you desire in terms of correcting your paint..as others said Flex is faster but PC is easier for a "first timer"....I own both, I go to the flex most of the time because I'm within a time limit when doing a customers car (about 8 hours) However the PC always has my detailing heart!!! Does EXACTLY what the flex does, just takes a little longer, but is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY safe for your paint there is ZERO chance you could mess something up or have "burn through" the clear coat...ZERO chance, that is unless you lay on the machine, full body weight, in one spot for an hour... ;)

$$$'s worth and ease of use I say PC!! Then again if your'e handy and a quick learner and do your research the Flex is an amazing machine and now thanks to adams new pads is capable of laying down some MSS or BG as well! And if ya got a drill you can use the 4" pads..no "real" need to use them exclusively with the PC, just make sure to keep your drill flat and continue to move it so you don't build up too much heat..it is a mini rotary after all!

Alright thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll go with the PC for now and if i catch that bug maybe a flex later :thumbsup:

You won't regret that move. The PC is nice to have even when you're using a flex as a dedicated focus pad device, or even for applying Machine Super Sealant.

get both!

Ahh, you beat me to it!:lolsmack:

Anyway, if you haven't had any experience I would suggest the PC, it works great and will really improve the look of both cars. Also it's almost impossible to damage the finish using the PC, then later as your experience increases you can always add the Flex to you arsenal.

I've been using a PC for quite awhile. I just ordered a FLEX. My experience on a Corvette and Porsche's is the PC barely does the job of actual paint correction and that's with aggressive pads and polishes. For very light work, it's great but I'm looking forward to my FLEX.

Just ordered my PC along with some stuff that I dont currently have. So hopefully next week sometime I'll be doing this :mail::pc:

You won't regret this purchase, in a short while you'll be wondering why you waited this long to get it!

I started out using the PC over 4 years ago. Now that I pretty much mastered that, I borrowed a Flex. Let me tell you I had to relearn everything but I would take the flex over the PC all day now.

Agreed. I have had my PC for two years and just got my Flex yesterday. There definitely is a little bit of a learning curve with it. I will still use both, but the Flex will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting. The PC will be relegated to tight spots and metal polishing since I have a pad for that.

On topic, you will like the PC. It's very forgiving which makes it the perfect tool to learn on and is very effective to boot. If you could swing it financially, I think most people would agree that eventually the Flex will be the next step, but down the road a bit. :thumbsup: