Customer Service 866.965.0400

suggestions on what wax to use on this color:

Diggerdan11

Question

So Im trying to figure out what wax to use on my dads 69 Chevelle. We have a car show coming up in a couple weeks and I was trying to decided what would work the best to make this paint realy pop.

This picture of it was last year and I used MSS which may have been a little overkill since this car is under a cover in a garage 360 days a year and is never exposed to the elements. I dont need to do much paint correction since the paint is almost perfect (I may lay down a coat of RP).

Do you guys think BW or Americana would make this paint pop the best? I really dont care to much about longevity just what is going to make this color paint look this best.

BTW I also have lots of BG, and yes this is a multi stage paint just like modern cars.

IMG_1467-1.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

Edited by Diggerdan11

12 answers to this question

My recommendation would be -

Stip it down with IPA

1. (1) pass Revive by hand or with a gray pad on your machine
  2. Remove
  3. (1) coat brilliant glaze
  4. Remove
  5. (1) coat americana
  6. Remove

optional steps:

1. consume cold beer
  2. stand back and admire

Thanks Dylan. Yeah thats what I was thinking. IDK if im going to do an IPA strip but I may mix a little APC in when I wash it.

My recommendation would be -

Stip it down with IPA

1. (1) pass Revive by hand or with a gray pad on your machine
  2. Remove
  3. (1) coat brilliant glaze
  4. Remove
  5. (1) coat americana
  6. Remove

optional steps:

1. consume cold beer
  2. stand back and admire

Typically optional step two just automatically happens for me. :lolsmack:

And to Dan, sweet looking car. :rockon: I like the color.

Is that a vinyl top? You can't make it scream by adding Invisible Undercarriage Spray under the SVRT. Some guy does that in Reno to his GTO...sweet justice. (only advised on a garage queen or a car that sees no rain. That top will cry all of that dressing down the sides.)

I agree with the masses, but heck. If you're gonna have the IPA out, when ready for wax, on the hood, apply half BG/Buttery, half BG/APW, see what ya like better. Make sure it's a clean Double Soft you use to strip whichever wax wasn't your preference.

Mook

Is that a vinyl top? You can't make it scream by adding Invisible Undercarriage Spray under the SVRT. Some guy does that in Reno to his GTO...sweet justice. (only advised on a garage queen or a car that sees no rain. That top will cry all of that dressing down the sides.)

I agree with the masses, but heck. If you're gonna have the IPA out, when ready for wax, on the hood, apply half BG/Buttery, half BG/APW, see what ya like better. Make sure it's a clean Double Soft you use to strip whichever wax wasn't your preference.

Mook

I never thought of using undercarriage Spray on the Top, I might just have to try it.

And Metal polish #1 and #2 on the wheels for maximum bling. LOVE those wheels.

Doug is right. Those wheels are chawwwwlky

Those wheels are almost as old as the car, my dad got them in 72. I used both MP 1 and MP 2 I scrubbed them so hard I was in pain for a couple days and thats as shinny as I could get them.