Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning vehicle AWAY from home

PrinceValium

Question

Hi everyone,

Since this new found passion of detailing I was thinking about my vacation in July and thought how am I going to clean our g37 when we can of two bucket wash??? I was thinking to to to a hand wash place and pressure spray off the big dirt then just use detail spray afterwards??

18 answers to this question

I had the same problem on my recent trip to Tail of the Dragon. I had most of my Adam's arsenal minus polishes, waxes, PC. I went to the coin wash, sprayed it down on low pressure, then washed like I normally would but with only one bucket. I then sprayed it really good with WW before drying. Went back over it with DS. I wasn't too paranoid since the car hasn't been corrected this year yet. I also treated it with QS and APW the day before to help with the bugs and road dust on the way down.

We are just going on vacation for about a week...but since my wife's car is black there is no way it will last a week without being covered with dirt. Since I don't have waterless wash...would detail spray be ok in it's place?

Rob how long are you going to be gone for?

what you can do it bring it to the coin op...rinse the dirty off and use waterless wash like seen in this video.

Waterless Car Washing Detailing Video

If your only going to be gone for a week, do you really need to wash it? enjoy your vacation and wash it when you get back.

Detail spray isn't a cleaning agent like waterless wash, but maybe Dylan will chime in. He knows these products a lot better than me

LOL...where I do agree a week is not a long time...my wife has OCD and especially since the car has been detailed hates to see it dirty even more than she did before the detailing. (if that is possible) I have some time get some waterless wash...but I guess if I use that and then have to follow up with detail spray I am wondering if I could just save some money and just use the detail spray? Thanks for the replies everyone!:2thumbs:

You can't always have your cake and eat it too. We all love clean vehicles and driving a dirty car can drive us nuts, but sometimes you just have to drive it and worry about cleaning it when you get back.

Just bite the bullet and buy the waterless wash along with the WW towels. Detail it good before the trip and coat the nose extra well with quick sealant.

We recently went to TN on a trip and I did a double coat of quick sealant on the nose of the Vette. After the 4 hr trip the bugs mostly flicked off and the rest slid off with the waterless wash. Of course the next 2 days it rained every day so it was a moot point But the bugs didn't stick.

I was also skeptical of the waterless wash as I used another product to wash during the winter when it was to cold to drag out the hose, but since I've tried Adam's product I like it very much and its the second thing I add to my travel detail bag. (The travel detail bag goes in the car before any luggage) Of course the Detail spray is #1. Then SVRT , Glass cleaner and Quick sealant. Boy I do have it bad.

Do not use DS in place of WW. Unless you like to get the machine out. ;)

The WW is extra lubricious compared to the DS...therefore more chance to cause damage by doing a DS wipedown if the car has more than a light, light coat of dust on it.

Mook

The WW is extra lubricious compared to the DS...therefore more chance to cause damage by doing a DS wipedown if the car has more than a light, light coat of dust on it.

Mook

Ok well I guess I will have to order some then...sigh.

You can't always have your cake and eat it too. We all love clean vehicles and driving a dirty car can drive us nuts, but sometimes you just have to drive it and worry about cleaning it when you get back.

:iagree: Last September when I bought the wife her new Mercedes, two days later we packed the car and headed out for a three week trip. (Black Mercedes). I had my Adam's survival kit with us. However I realized I was more concerned about how the car looked rather than enjoying the vacation. Four days later I said the heck with it. Just sprayed the bugs off and had a lot of fun seeing and doing different things.

Enjoyed the vacation but when I got back home I couldn't wait to thoroughly detail the car.

I will definatley not be obsessing about the car too much during the trip...just wanted to see what would be a good way to not put swirls in if I was to clean it. If I need to I will pressure wash the top dirt off and live with it.:thumbsup:

Edited by PrinceValium

It really varies, but I have carried WCW and a couple GW drying towels, plus some older towels for the wheels. The good coin washes and Detail Spray also work. Either method works well for keeping the shine away from home, just use caution to avoid messing up the paint.

Bruce

Mook

:iagree:

Mook

Edited by Corners

:iagree: Last September when I bought the wife her new Mercedes, two days later we packed the car and headed out for a three week trip. (Black Mercedes). I had my Adam's survival kit with us. However I realized I was more concerned about how the car looked rather than enjoying the vacation. Four days later I said the heck with it. Just sprayed the bugs off and had a lot of fun seeing and doing different things.

Enjoyed the vacation but when I got back home I couldn't wait to thoroughly detail the car.

Yep, drive your car, enjoy the trip. If I let my car OCD take over we'd never go anywhere.

I will definatley not be obsessing about the car too much during the trip...just wanted to see what would be a good way to not put swirls in if I was to clean it. If I need to I will pressure wash the top dirt off and live with it.:thumbsup:

Rob, If you don't get caught in the rain and you have no chance of any grit on your car after you power wash the worst of the dust & dirt off take WW & WW towel and go over your car as you dry, just remember to use plenty of WW and you will be good to go.:thumbsup: