Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam cannon snafu

ArablueRS3

Question

I'm not sure if i'm over reacting but...i attempted to purchase a foam cannon from a place. Notice in the pictures nothing much is different between the two. Each hold the same amount. One is $119.99 the other $42. Here is the conversation i had with the company selling the more expensive one. According the the website they price match.

-We are writing in reference to the order you placed with us. You left a link on your order to another foam cannon, but sure if you wanted us to price match but we cannot as they are not the same. I have put your order on hold until we hear from you. We thank you for shopping with us and look forward to serving your car care needs in the future.

-What is different about them? Looking at pictures one has a label and one doesn't. (I removed the label on the pic because the company name was on it)

*A day later*

-The Foam Cannon that you requested we price match is not an identical unit. The one on the other website is a cheap knock off made in China.

-Your joking correct? Not much is made in America nowadays. That is the only thing you could come up with? I'm sorry but cancel this order immediatly please. Made in China...and you have a totally made in America product and sell it for $60 more. No wonder people would rather buy cheap products!:mad:

-The Foam Cannon that we sell is actually manufactured in Europe, not the USA or China. (I guess they told me!) We’ll have the order cancelled immediately.

Are you serious!:help:

post-5450-136818078857_thumb.jpg

post-5450-136818078863_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

Unfortunately Greg, the reality of manufacturing anywhere other than a 3rd world country with exploitive labor means prices will be higher. We're regularly confronted with conversations like the one you had with customers shopping similar things to ours, but made in China.

We simply can't compete on price alone with chinese made options. The last foam gun we offered retailed at $59.95 I believe and was (at the time made in Ohio)... another company offered a very similar looking unit made in China for $29.95 which was less than our COST! So when someone sells something made in china for less than we can even purchase them it becomes impossible to compete on price.

I'm sure the price match thing could have been handled with more professionalism by the other company, but in the end they're selling something made in a first world country and if you price shop it compared to items made in China they're always going to come up short.

Thanks for the reply. Neither site said anything about it where it was made. I just thought ok maybe they'll try and come close. Instead they just shut me down.

Thats a big problem now a days... so many places don't openly tell you where things are made. Sucks, but it is what it is.

so i have the 119 dollar foam cannon, it is made in Itally with italian made parts. I think one part comes from china and thats the o-ring seals within it.

The MTM hydro you have on the right is just fine, im not convinced that its worth the extra change for the Italian made one. If the MTM kicked the bucket a in a couple years you can just buy another and still be further ahead.

Yes you are over reacting, they had every right to deny the price match claim as they are completely different :thumbsup: the MTM is a chinese rip off but it creates the same exact suds. You can clearly see they are differnt though. Look at the part right above where the bottle screws in. The 119 has a hex shaped and the MTM hydro is rounded. There is also a diagram floating around some where on the web comparing the two and the exploded parts view. Ill see if i can find it, the MTM has 2 less parts then the Italian gun

Go with the MTM hydro and use the money saved to purchase some adams goodies :D i would have gone with the MTM but i didnt run across it until a few months later poking around pressure washer directs website for some gun parts. :o

Edited by 3PedalMINI

so i have the 119 dollar foam cannon, it is made in Itally with italian made parts. I think one part comes from china and thats the o-ring seals within it.

The MTM hydro you have on the right is just fine, im not convinced that its worth the extra change for the Italian made one. If the MTM kicked the bucket a in a couple years you can just buy another and still be further ahead.

Yes you are over reacting, they had every right to deny the price match claim as they are completely different :thumbsup: the MTM is a chinese rip off but it creates the same exact suds. You can clearly see they are differnt though. Look at the part right above where the bottle screws in. The 119 has a hex shaped and the MTM hydro is rounded. There is also a diagram floating around some where on the web comparing the two and the exploded parts view. Ill see if i can find it, the MTM has 2 less parts then the Italian gun

Go with the MTM hydro and use the money saved to purchase some adams goodies :D i would have gone with the MTM but i didnt run across it until a few months later poking around pressure washer directs website for some gun parts. :o

"Gun Parts??" :help:

I have the $119 one as well. The only things I see different is the screw on attachment in the back and the black nozzle. I have the one on the right and with that one, you can adjust the way the foam sprays. The one on the left might just be a set spray pattern

Yeah, that place is a joke Greg. Most niche hobbies/interests are expensive, but they jack up the prices worse than most. Their sales are always extremly restrictive, and many times the prices go up when something is on "sale".

I've had both guns, sent the bloated priced one back, and got the MTM for $42 and free shipping. It performs no different with a decent PW.

So you're upset because they won't price match a Chinese knock-off and come to the website of a company that prides itself on not selling cheap knock-offs to complain about it? :confused: Regardless if the product is functionally identical, just from the pictures the differences in the product are obvious. Why would any company price match a different product? It'd be like asking Snap-On to price match some cheap 1/2" wrench. Is the cheap one still a 1/2" wrench? Yes. Will it still remove 1/2" nuts? Yes. Does there seem to be much difference between how the two operate? No, and for most people that cheap 1/2" wrench does the job just as well as the Snap-On one. If you inspect the wrenches closely however you'll notice the differences and even if they do seem over-priced it would be ridiculous to expect Snap-On to sell their version for the same price as the other.

So you're upset because they won't price match a Chinese knock-off and come to the website of a company that prides itself on not selling cheap knock-offs to complain about it? :confused: Regardless if the product is functionally identical, just from the pictures the differences in the product are obvious. Why would any company price match a different product? It'd be like asking Snap-On to price match some cheap 1/2" wrench. Is the cheap one still a 1/2" wrench? Yes. Will it still remove 1/2" nuts? Yes. Does there seem to be much difference between how the two operate? No, and for most people that cheap 1/2" wrench does the job just as well as the Snap-On one. If you inspect the wrenches closely however you'll notice the differences and even if they do seem over-priced it would be ridiculous to expect Snap-On to sell their version for the same price as the other.

Great point!!

Oh wow i didn't even know you tried to "rip" me on this. It was established at the beginning that neither company advertises where the products come from (try reading next time). Secondly before endorsing products (Snap-on) you may want to do your research. Snap-on tools are made in China to their specs. And if a place is going to say they price match then spell everything out in the disclaimer. Next time don't use Wikipedia to find facts!:cheers:

Oh wow i didn't even know you tried to "rip" me on this. It was established at the beginning that neither company advertises where the products come from (try reading next time). Secondly before endorsing products (Snap-on) you may want to do your research. Snap-on tools are made in China to their specs. And if a place is going to say they price match then spell everything out in the disclaimer. Next time don't use Wikipedia to find facts!:cheers:

I did read. You stated one foam gun was made in China, the other in Europe. You posted already knowing this information, even though it may not have been advertised to begin with.

...The one on the other website is a cheap knock off made in China...

...The Foam Cannon that we sell is actually manufactured in Europe, not the USA or China...

And I wasn't endorsing Snap-on, merely using it as an example as a high-priced product. If you try reading next time, you'll notice I only compare it to a cheap wrench, not a Chinese one. Where the tool is made wasn't the point of my argument, only that expecting an expensive product to be price matched for a similar cheap version is silly. I used Snap-on as the example because it's well known. It's like saying I'd like Lamborghini to price match a Chevy. They're both cars, they both take you from point A to point B. I don't see why one should cost more than the other. It's because of people like you that disclaimers and user agreements have become so annoyingly long these days. Companies have to spell out things that should be common sense just to protect themselves.

PS: I guess Snap-on's seven US manufacturing plants don't actually make anything. Since I ONLY use Wikipedia as a source and it doesn't list anything about where the tools are made, I guess I'll never know the truth. :cheers:

Thread closed.

No need to continue this discussion... not only does it have no purpose here it seems to be getting a tad chippy, so before I have to put anyone on leave we'll just close this down and forget about it.

Sound good? Great!

Problems with another company? Take it to their page please. :thumbsup: