Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Invention

Corners

Question

:lolsmack: Can't say this is "my" invention but for me, it's a "winner." :thumbsup: Probably been used many times before by others. Even though I bought the small ladder that folds out into a platform (Home Depot) so I could reach the roofs of vehicles better, it was still a pain to work that way.

Early this morning while out in the shop. I was standing there, looking at my truck and trying to figure out an easier way to buff the roof. This is even applicable to the wife's Mercedes.

I have two of the six foot ladders. Put one on each side of the truck and put two 2x6 boards from one ladder, through the center of the front seat and then onto the ladder on the other side. Then I opened the sun roof. With just enough room to slowly move around, it's perfect for buffing. :pc:

Now this would not be applicable to some guy, 6' + 200+ lbs - then again I suppose a guy that big would have to try it.

I covered the entire front area of the truck with an old sheet just to be on the safe side. For me it's a perfect solution. Although I haven't actually buffed both roofs, I know this is going to work. Put my trusty Adam's apron on for the products and lay the towels on the back side I'm not working on.

Now I just need to wait for this rain to stop. I'll post three pictures - one of me buffing, or one of me all crumbled up and laying in a pile or one of me in the hospital. :xfingers::cheers:

:worth:

:iagree: So with that in mind, I'll be the first to admit that my so called invention was a flop. However, if ya want a picture to see what I bought today, here it is: 4 ft. Portable Rolling Scaffolding-PS-48 at The Home Depot

What's super neat about this is the fact that you can extend it so you can work on a three story building. :help:. It took me about three hours to dismantle and stack all my lumber I was going to use and put away the two ladders and other "stuff" that I thought was my answer to buffing the roofs of my vehicles.

This scaffold is very secure, all four wheels lock, won't tip while leaning forwards. All I have to do now is take some foam and put around the metal uprights just in case I move it to close to the vehicles. I also bought two additional boards so I have plenty of space to walk on and have my products right by me.

BTW, without stepping on the door sills like Mook recommended, is there anybody that has a good way to stand and buff out their roofs.

Prior to getting this scaffold, I could only use a much smaller ladder/workbench (from Home Depot) to reach just far enough to hand detail the roofs, 1/2 section at a time.