Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint repair

chrys7

Question

So a neighbor of mine has notice the care i give my 392. She wants me to liik at some scratch she has that was caused by another vehicle. If its a simple scratch i am very confident i can fix it.

However if there is paint transfer how can i remove the paint sitting on top of her clear coat?

I have the full range of adams products. I am due to see the car soon as i get out of church and will post pics when i can.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

6 answers to this question

Paint transfer is usually very easy to remove.

First wash the area.

I will do one of the following first - depending on how clean the paint feels. If the paint is very rough, then first clay, if fairly decent, then I will use revive polish.

- Revive Polish, usually it will remove most or all of the transfer sitting on top of the clear.

- Clay, I don't scrub with the clay (as some do), but just lightly go across the surface. If you scrub with clay you WILL introduce micro scratches that will then need machine correction.

I will then use the 4" focus pads and depending on the damage done to the clear, it will determine if I can just use fine machine polish or if I have to go to SHR or Severe SHR.

:cheers:

Thanks guys for all the info!

After wash n clay i am going to start with orange on a 4 inch pad move up to green if i need to but i am going to fmp the entire panel for better blending.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SO turns out she hit a yellow barrier the damage was not bad in certain areas but the panel where the wheel well starts the paint was chipped down to the metal nothing I could do about. I decided not to wash with soap/water used waterless wash instead, clayed but didnt remove anything. Used Revive and about 30 Percent of it came off but after the 3rd pass with Revive it just was not improving. Pulled out the power drill and 4inch pad, 1st pass of SHR 80% of the yellow paint was gone. 2nd Pass of SHR was a done deal it all came out. Hit it with FMP twice as well. It looked dam good considering the damage that remained. She immediately asked if could detail her car. LOL. Here are some pics of the process including a pic of the yellow barrier she hit.