Customer Service 866.965.0400

Does Adam's detail spray contain alcohol?

cfiiman

Question

Just wondering b/c I used it today to clean my iPad from fingerprints and smudges and it worked great, but I know I'm not suppose to use anything with alcohol so thought I'd ask, anyone else use this stuff on your iPad screen?

13 answers to this question

Cool thanks guys, doesn't the glass cleaner have alcohol though which would be a no no on iPads?

What I love about the ds is that finger prints seen to not become so bad so quick with it!

Cool thanks guys, doesn't the glass cleaner have alcohol though which would be a no no on iPads?

What I love about the ds is that finger prints seen to not become so bad so quick with it!

No, the glass cleaner is alcohol-free, with is part of the reason why it's so safe for all kinds of glass, CE products, nav screens, etc. The text below is from the description on adamspolishes.com. :cheers:

"Adam's Glass Cleaner contains no harmful or harsh chemicals, including ammonia or alcohol, that damage your car or the environment. Instead, we discovered an ultra-fine polishing agent that gently removes dirt and grime from glass and clear plastic by polishing it away. The final result is a polished finish without streaks or smears."

The detail spray has a hint of wax in it, which gives the shine, so I wouldn't want to put it on the screen of the iPad. I usually just use a dab of water on a micro fiber cloth and it works great. If you are trying to keep fingerprints off the surface...I would suggest maybe an anti glare shield like I have on mine. Fingerprints wipe off easily and you have the glare reduction for the screen. I would give you a link but don't know if it is allowed. If you want to know the brand I bought PM me :thumbsup:

Why would wax be a problem?

This is direct from the Apple website...you can do as you wish to your iPad, just offering my .02 :cheers:.

To clean iPad, unplug all cables and turn off iPad (press and hold the Sleep/Wake button, and then slide the onscreen slider). Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe iPad’s screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and may scratch your screen.

Thanks for the post, seems like to me though based on that info "The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage..." that the hint of wax would/could be a good thing, although I'm just guessing, anyone else have any opinions?

DS has NO silicon and NO alcohol in it and as far as I know, NO NO NO wax.

It's great on just about anything but eggs...

I've cleaned my phone and iPad multiple times with Adams Glass cleaner and a MF towel. Adams glass cleaner has a bit of DS in it... :2thumbs:

Chris

Edited by Chewy

DS has NO silicon and NO alcohol in it and as far as I know, NO NO NO wax.

It's great on just about anything but eggs...

I've cleaned my phone and iPad multiple times with Adams Glass cleaner and a MF towel. Adams glass cleaner has a bit of DS in it... :2thumbs:

Chris

:jester: And while it is not great on eggs, it is pretty good on eggs. :lolsmack:

Detail spray in Glass Cleaner? Did not know that.

My typical regime when cleaning my iPone and various laptops (including screens) is Glass Cleaner followed up by a spritz of Detail Spray. (Probably the Detail Spray more for the smell :D )

:jester: And while it is not great on eggs, it is pretty good on eggs. :lolsmack:

Detail spray in Glass Cleaner? Did not know that.

Things you find out when one on one with Adam! :) lol

The DS is noticeable compared to the older (non lime green) glass cleaner. I actually put some DS in my old glass cleaner and found it worked great too.

Chris