Customer Service 866.965.0400

Razor® burn

camaro

Question

To my dismay, I walked up to find my baby loaded with scratches and dents yesterday morning. The neighbor children were riding their Razor® scooters down the driveway & using my camaro as their marker for the end of the race.

razor-scooter-ms130-a3-blue.jpg

I guess they hadn't realized what they were doing but dear god - they got every pannel, save the roof & pilars.

The Razor® scooters are aluminum & the camaro is famous for sensitive/bad paint.

I got a quote for professional repair of $3,000 (apparently the tri-coat paint is $500 alone). The family is a low-income family and there is no way I am even seeing $3 much less any help with covering the deductible on an insurance claim this large. (advice?)

I did what I could.

Upper front fascia:

WvJYx.jpg?1

Lower front fascia:

CCZSb.jpg?1

and this guy goes all along the door right to the back:

omLM8.jpg?1

A little Adam's elbow-grease masked the damage.

For the deeper scratches I had to use another brand's heavier compound & follow with the Adam's treatment*. Finally, I hit the still visible spots with GM touch up paint. The damage I could not fix were the dents and impressions.

The car has never been paint corrected but I assume when I get it back from the shop I will have to do it. Today, I strip washed with Dawn, clay bar & then moved to the Adam's restorative products.

*I focused only on the scratched areas using the 4" pads. Also, I ran out of day-light so I only got to apply severe swirl and haze. To protect the car I used a can of Quick Sealant.

AFTER pics soon :(

Edited by camaro