Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question

Emtchase

Question

16 answers to this question

Yep... good for a quick shine before a show or something, but won't last long.

This may be a stupid question but, is washing the car mainly what is going to remove the glaze? Or is wiping the car down with a microfiber towel and some detail spray enough to remove it if you don't have a coat of Americana over top of it?

I know that Brilliant did contain some cleaner so if you put it on over the wax it will remove the wax. I have been using it as a final step before the wax and then waxing on top of Brilliant and it looks great, really adds depth and gloss to the finish.

This may be a stupid question but, is washing the car mainly what is going to remove the glaze? Or is wiping the car down with a microfiber towel and some detail spray enough to remove it if you don't have a coat of Americana over top of it?

By their nature, glazes are not made to last very long, so maybe a couple of weeks or washes. They are great for putting on for a show or special event. This is why most will recommend applying a wax over the glaze, so the extra 'pop' will last longer.

I see where Glaze has some cleaning properties....wasn't sure if you went over the Buttery Wax with Glaze....then added the Buttery Wax back on the Glaze will you get that filling of minor imperfections or not ?

The reason I ask if I've just waxed it about 1 month ago and I want to try the glaze now.

Thanks !

Edited by Bandit

I see where Glaze has some cleaning properties....wasn't sure if you went over the Buttery Wax with Glaze....then added the Buttery Wax back on the Glaze will you get that filling of minor imperfections or not ?

The reason I ask if I've just waxed it about 1 month ago and I want to try the glaze now.

My guess is the Buttery is gone or almost gone by now any way. Throw down the BG and top it with your Buttery, and you're good for another month.

My guess is the Buttery is gone or almost gone by now any way. Throw down the BG and top it with your Buttery, and you're good for another month.

I'll give it a shot and tell you how it turns out :)

I haven't gotten it dirty or had to wash it since I waxed it so I imagine the Buttery is still pretty good...but maybe I'll get some good results anyway :)

I did the MSS + BG + Americana (in that order) combo this last detail on my wife's black car and the depth and shine is insane. I'm sure it is a winning combo on any color, but in do know on dark cars it's out of this world.