Customer Service 866.965.0400

Five (5)

Corners

I'll never learn. Since 9 Dec 2011 I have bought two of the 2012 RAM outdoorsman trucks, one 2012 Laramie, one 2012 Longhorn and yesterday I became the dealerships favorite customer.

With the first four being gas and engine stallings without any logical reason or explanation from Dodge, thought I'd try this 2012 Diesel.

Metal Flake Silver, black Interior, sun roof 6' 7" Line-X bed. - all the toys and buttons. Now I need to be looking for bigger wheels and tires and then chip the engine out. Interior LED's.

800 torque lbs. 12,500+ towing capacity. 75 miles on it and the idiot dash info is telling me I'm getting 14.5 City driving.

Little P.S. here for recommendations. Would you leave chrome wheels on it? Also I have a new set of wheels - black and chrome that are really neat looking. Bought them for my first RAM truck but never kept them on.

With the truck being a silver color, with that tan? trim, black or chrome bug guard. Don't really like them but where I live their almost a must have item.

Exterior window shades (in channel, all four door windows) - black or chrome or none? Having all the windows dark tinted.

Best tire?

And I'm still looking for one post where there was a recommendation for what chip to install.

Putting leveling kit on.

Possible link to a "good" company for ordering interior LED lights? Has black leather interior!

Thanks. Just trying to get a second opinion because there's so much on the market to buy, just want to be sure I get the best mods available and to really ensure I don't go overboard by putting to much on the truck - or - not enough.

post-3392-136818079928_thumb.jpg

post-3392-136818079932_thumb.jpg

post-3392-136818079935_thumb.jpg

post-3392-136818079939_thumb.jpg

post-3392-136818079973_thumb.jpg

Edited by Corners
Information

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats? :jester:

Tks Nick :hi: Had a 2008 Chevy Diesel. Always been a Chevy guy. But I have to say that Dodge has come a very long ways towards improving their diesels - and also the interior/exteriors.

That is one hell of a beautiful truck!!!! Man, window tint, a little debadging, and some more aggressive wheels & tires??? That baby will be BADAZZ!!! Very nice dude, and lovin the Mopar loyalty.

Tks Chase: You're thinking right up my alley. $57,000 window sticker for which I did "not" pay that much. :bow: So now it's just going to suck my last dollar bill right out of my pocket with all the mods. :lol: Ah, ya only live once. :cheers:

^^ Bingo!!! :)

That is a RIGHTEOUS rig dude. I just don't know why they overbadge the heck outta those things!!??

Yea, they sure know where to use a lot of glue and over stick things. A week or so and there won't be a badge on mine. Their even starting to do it to a lot of their new cars. :confused:

hopefully 5th times a charm :lolsmack:

best of luck to you! now tint those windows!

bad@$$ color too..

IF this one isn't a charm, it will be on the National Evening News. :lol:

Got a buddy who's into the window tinting business. Need to hook up with him ASAP.

If you could actually see the color besides looking at a picture, it would blow your mind. A ton of metal flake in that Silver paint. :2thumbs:

Really Nice. The color is sweet,,, I agree with Chase,, debadge,, tires and wheels. That thing will pop going down the road. Besides the dealership,, I am sure the local diesel stop will love your business also. I bet that thing will do some pulling. :2thumbs:

Got to put some Adams love all over it now. Make her happy.. :patriot:

Funny you mention the stallings...my wife's caliber did that twice. Second time there was supposedly an update to the ecu, when they went to re flash it the computer froze and crapped out, replaced it and now it only almost dies out. Bought in 2011 as well. Good luck with the new one!

Congrats Bill, that is one beautiful truck. Hope it works out for you. I too have been a Chevy guy but there is a Dodge dealer I have to pass by every time I leave my house. Those Ram's have been grabbing my eye more and more over the past few years. Congratulations again! :thumbsup:

just don't know why they overbadge the heck outta those things!!??

Each badge adds about 5 hp. They're just trying to get the output close to what the Duramax can do without badges. :jester:

Looks nice there Bill.

I wonder if your stalling issue is the same issue we at work were having with the new package cars that were brought in. It was the TPS sensor. I got of the freeway one night going back to the building and it wouldn't go over 15 mph. And it took a good city block or more to get it up to that. Mechanics said replacement parts had been holding up and probably just a bad batch from the manufacturer.

Nice Truck Bill, I still cant believe you kept going back to Lithia and Dodge after having so many problems. I would have said screw Dodge a long time ago and drove over the hill and bought a chevy, or bought a local ugly Ford, but thats just me.

I will admit that Dodge probably has the best looking truck on the road right now, but I would never own one in a million years.

Glad you got a Diesel again, I plan on never owning a gas truck every again. Diesel is the way to go

Nice Truck Bill, I still cant believe you kept going back to Lithia and Dodge after having so many problems. I would have said screw Dodge a long time ago and drove over the hill and bought a chevy, or bought a local ugly Ford, but thats just me.

I will admit that Dodge probably has the best looking truck on the road right now, but I would never own one in a million years.

Glad you got a Diesel again, I plan on never owning a gas truck every again. Diesel is the way to go

I seriously took a hard look at the Chevy 1500's over in Medford. Their prices were way more than Lithia's were and to be honest, the interior of the RAM truck is so more advanced, especially the LongHorn.

Then when I started having problems with the stalling on the LongHorn, that did it as far as gas engines go. So I go back to Medford and look at their diesels. Again, having bought a new one in 08, I didn't see that much of an improvement. And again, Gesh, the price they wanted for their's was again far far more than Dodge.

I have an office full of attorney's in San Diego, CA. All they do is sue Dodge, especially with the stalling problems. I sent all the paperwork down to them. Was told they usually settle with Dodge within 60 - 180 days.

Dodge wanted to send me a $2,400 check for all of my problems. Told them to keep their check. Besides, it didn't have enough 0's in it. :lolsmack:

Only had this Diesel two days so to early to say what's going to happen. However did talk to a few guys who bought some of the 2011 and 2012 diesels. Again, so far, no problems. But if it's made by man, it will eventually break. :(

Nice truck... I honestly don't think I've ever seen that color on the dodge before. Looks nice.

Tks Dylan. It is a different color for sure and loved it the minute I seen it.

However I think the name of the paint is "Pollen Silver." If the pollen gets any thicker here, I may not be able to give it it's first introduction to the Adam's family. :D

Tks Dylan. It is a different color for sure and loved it the minute I seen it.

However I think the name of the paint is "Pollen Silver." If the pollen gets any thicker here, I may not be able to give it it's first introduction to the Adam's family. :D

LOL. Its terrible right now. I just washed my truck last night and by this AM it was covered in it.