Customer Service 866.965.0400

MacBook Pro Retina

MAYBEN

I called Apple today since I've been reading that people who've ordered have had delays from payment issues and whatnot.. I've also seen that people ordered the same configuration as I did, they ordered days after me and have already received..

The very nice rep checked and said the payment setup was fine, but he has noticed funky things happening.. he upgraded my shipping (was 25th-31st, now 24th-30th) and also is sending me a free SuperDrive..

I asked if I would get a survey about him, he said possibly, but they're random.. I then asked for his Boss's email address..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Apple today since I've been reading that people who've ordered have had delays from payment issues and whatnot.. I've also seen that people ordered the same configuration as I did, they ordered days after me and have already received..

The very nice rep checked and said the payment setup was fine, but he has noticed funky things happening.. he upgraded my shipping (was 25th-31st, now 24th-30th) and also is sending me a free SuperDrive..

I asked if I would get a survey about him, he said possibly, but they're random.. I then asked for his Boss's email address..

I've always been super happy with their customer support... I told you about my screen issue and Apple Care right? Couldn't have gone smoother...

You get what you pay for... Just like HERE!!!

I don't recall, but I've had my iPhone warrantied a couple times at the Apple Store and that was smooth..

Really? I've had 5 iPhones and never one issue...

Long story short... Flew to FL, screen stopped working, brought to Apple Store, they confirmed Apple Care, told me they'd fix it, called me two days later and it was fixed! :bow: I've had no issues since.

I personally believe the airline broke it when they tossed it into the nose of the plane like morons. :willy: (I had NO choice)

Edited by Chewy

the first issue was the top button was kinda jammed, could have been from dropping while in the otterbox

second issue was a blown speaker, well a nasty rattle when using speaker..

both were seamless swap outs

I sure hope they release Mountain Lion before I get it, would like to start with it.. otherwise, do I wait to set it up until after its released?

How is the OS upgrade handled?

I sure hope they release Mountain Lion before I get it, would like to start with it.. otherwise, do I wait to set it up until after its released?

They are VERY similar so use it and then upgrade... Rumor is the 25th...

You use the app store to upgrade which uses your Apple (AKA iTunes) account info.

I'm not sure how they handle the free upgrade now. Last time I did it, they sent a disk, but they don't do that anymore. I imagine they credit your Apple/iTunes account for $19.99 or something.

Alrighty!

Has anyone used the migration thing it comes with for transfer from PC to Mac?

I have not, but I also have W7 on my Mac so any Windows stuff I use sits on there. I've used a MAC since 2006 so it's been a while since I changed and I don't remember moving an awful lot. :)

I've never used migration software when I get a new computer. I usually just transfer the files I want to keep to an external, and then copy them to the new computer, organizing and cleaning as I go. It can be a lot of files, but I still like to "start fresh."

I take that back... I used the migration software when I moved from my MBP to the Mini server several months ago. I just had our IT department do it all... lol I have NO idea how he did it all, but I think most of it was done with an external 500gb drive.

Chris

I have about 30GB of pics and music..

That's nothing... Should be easy to move both of those.

I just signed up for iTunes Match. I'd been dragging my feet, but I have 78gb of music and want it all at all times... :thumbsup: 25 bucks a year isn't bad... I was spending 99 bucks for MobileMe before so this and the cloud are cheaper than ME.

got my MBPR a few weeks back......and it's OK. Nothing super special, and it's a HUGE bish in the corporate environment. Constantly having to find work arounds for stuff that's just stupid simple in Windows. Do like that it's thin, light, and pretty quick( but what new laptop isn't?). Don't think I'll miss the CD drive until I have to take a training class that requires it in Sept( bought a super drive to fix that issue).

Still feel I woulda been more happy with an ultrabook or an equally equipped windows machine. Oh well at least I'm in the century with this machine instead of my old stinkpad.

got my MBPR a few weeks back......and it's OK. Nothing super special, and it's a HUGE bish in the corporate environment. Constantly having to find work arounds for stuff that's just stupid simple in Windows. Do like that it's thin, light, and pretty quick( but what new laptop isn't?). Don't think I'll miss the CD drive until I have to take a training class that requires it in Sept( bought a super drive to fix that issue).

Still feel I woulda been more happy with an ultrabook or an equally equipped windows machine. Oh well at least I'm in the century with this machine instead of my old stinkpad.

If it's such an issue needing MS software, why don't you get Parallels, and W7?

Usually the work arounds are short lived and once you've got them you're good to go.

I don't understand why you would get a MAC when you needed a PC.

If it's such an issue needing MS software, why don't you get Parallels, and W7?

Usually the work arounds are short lived and once you've got them you're good to go.

I don't understand why you would get a MAC when you needed a PC.

I have a VM that I use for the necessary work arounds. It's just a constant PITA.

My options were get a top of the line brand new Mac OR go with a 3 year old super outdated thinkpad that I'd be stuck with for 3 years( our current refresh cycle at work). This wasn't MY personal purchase. It was a work purchase and those were my options.

How to Prepare Your Mac for Mountain Lion

I just saw this article, and since you computer will be pretty new most of the things shouldn't matter, but I figured it's still relevant.

I just ordered a new Apple TV... This is our second... The first one has been flawless and works great. Since it only outputs 720P, we'll move it to the "Play Room" TV which only shows 720P, and hook the new 1080P unit to the family room TV which shows up to 1080P.

I bought it on Amazon... Paid 3 bucks less than from Apple, didn't have to pay tax, and since we're Prime members, it's shipping 2nd day. hehehehe... I love tech...

Wife asked if we could get children's shows on the TV downstairs. I said YEP, Netflix on the Apple TV... DONE! lol

Chris

Yes I know this has NOTHING to do with the new MBP series laptops... lol