Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tree Sap

Ironterp

Question

I know I've read this on here somewhere but I've searched for days and can't find the thread. I found some hardened tree sap on the roof of my truck from being parked under a tree at my house (I live in the woods) :help:. Don't have a garage so I finally solved the problem by picking up a canopy and the local hardware store to park under. So what's the best way to get this stuff off the clay bar wouldn't get the job done? Feel free to post the thread and delete this if necessary.

5 answers to this question

I have heard that WD40 will work. A bug and tar remover. I know when I was younger and would go pick pine nuts, and got that stuff all over my hands, baby oil of all things worked. I however do not know if it would affect the finish on your car. I do know that it worked well on removing it from skin however.

simple solution actually.

Isopropyl alcohol.... soak a part of a towel with it, set on the area where the sap is and let it soak. Remove and inspect, repeat until the sap is soft enough to wipe away.

Be sure to use a towel you're not too attached to as it will likely gum up and kill a the microfiber. Clay to remove any remaining stuff (usually little specs remain) polish as needed and finish off with your preferred wax or sealant.