Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flag Day

JBlack151

Today June 14th is Flag Day (also Jonathan Quick Day here in Milford, CT to honor the local Stanley Cup Champion).

But back to Flag Day, I always have mine out in front of the house waving proud when weather permits all year long. It's the least I can do to honor those who have fought for our country. Below is a shot I took from 6:00 this morning.

So if you want, show your American Pride and let's see those flags today. :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

In the United States Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened that day by resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777.[1] The United States Army also celebrates the Army Birthday on this date; Congress adopted "the American continental army" after reaching a consensus position in the Committee of the Whole on June 14, 1775.[2][3]

In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation that officially established June 14 as Flag Day; in August 1949, National Flag Day was established by an Act of Congress.

Flag Day is not an official federal holiday, though on June 14, 1937, Pennsylvania became the first (and only) U.S. state to celebrate Flag Day as a state holiday, beginning in the town of Rennerdale.[1] Title 36 of the United States Code, Subtitle I, Part A, CHAPTER 1, § 110[4] is the official statute on Flag Day; however, it is at the President's discretion to officially proclaim the observance.

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

post-6718-136818079977_thumb.jpg

We have an organization that goes around our neighborhood and others, and puts them up on certain holidays. It's 40 bucks a year and I have to say... It looks pretty cool when all of them are up. Of course there are the cheap ********* that won't pay to have it done. Of course they COULD do it themselves, but they don't.

I'll pay 40 bucks a year!

Chris

I always have my flag flying (exept on bad weather days):patriot:

2012-05-20_15-37-34_300.jpg

I lived in a small town on the Oregon coast for a couple years, and every holiday (flag day, 4th of july, veterans day, etc...) they placed flags along highway 101 for about a 2 mile stretch with about 10 ft between the flags, on both sides of the road. It was a pretty awesome site.

We have an organization that goes around our neighborhood and others, and puts them up on certain holidays. It's 40 bucks a year and I have to say... It looks pretty cool when all of them are up. Of course there are the cheap ********* that won't pay to have it done. Of course they COULD do it themselves, but they don't.

I'll pay 40 bucks a year!

Chris

Business that are in what is called the downtown area have that service provided to them. You would not believe how great it is to see all the flags out on the selected days. It is $30 here and they even store the flag for you. I am proud to say the company that I work for pays to have this service done. Also we have ones that do not participate.

Edited by DieselDude

I know the boy scouts around here typically put up flags. Today seems to be a miss day because mine is the only one out? :(

I would have mine out everyday if I had a better setup. A flagpole would be ideal. Really don't want to be putting holes in my brick.

We have one flying 24/7/365.25 at home except when severe weather is imminent, and yes it is illuminated. I also put the flag out every AM at the office and bring it down before I head home. :patriot:BTW: I only fly flags made in America, none of that chinese made patriotism for me.