Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Super Sealant VS. Americana VS. Buttery

manishaudi

Question

I am just about to make my first purchase for Adams Polish products (already have the car shampoo) and had a question on the waxing stage of the process

After the polishing stage (with PC 7424 that I am also buying) what to do next?

In this Vol 6 Chapter 17 video, Adam says that if you car is going to be outside most of the time then you should use the "Machine Super Sealant" and if it is inside mostly, then the "Americana"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WDMkH-6zj8]Adam's Polishes Video Vol. 6 - Chapter 17 - YouTube[/ame]

My car spends evenings indoors and during the day outdoors (mostly uncovered).

Before I knew anything, I thought Carnauba offered the best protection, now I am a little confused.

Which should I get? Machine, Americana, or Buttery?

12 answers to this question

I use & recommend MSS for daily driven vehicles. It lasts the longest & is the most durable. I don't mind the 20-30 minute cure time because I just do other detailing tasks until it's time to wipe it off.

If your vehicle is exposed to any weather other than sunny & 75 than I'd go with MSS. Unless you like to wax often, say say monthly, then use Americana.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Machine Super Sealant (and can use Spray Quick Sealant in hard to reach areas wheels etc.) Then Brilliant Glaze topped by a coat of Americana.

will give you the best shine and great protection. Some of the guys here said to go that route and they weren't lying.:2thumbs:

Volume 6 video?

Waxes and Sealants are two different forms of protection.

Sealants bond directly to bare paint. This gives you the most durable form and hardest protection. Waxes surf the paint if you will. Although APW is the Tallest form of protection we sell, if it's a daily driven vehicle, you would be better served to either use MSS or QS as your base protection. Feel free to add BG and then APW from there.

If you have to choose one for your daily driver, it's MSS. I use it on my black paint and it's very tough. I live in a marine environment (coast), and work inland where it gets into the 90s in the summer (think egg frying heat on the finish) and it really lasts.

^^^^ Agreed! Just remember, when applying MSS let it sit for 20-30 minutes before removing like Anton said. From there you should wait at least 12 hours before moving on to BG and APW.

Is this correct? You need to wait 12 hours before adding the glaze?

thanks

gary