Customer Service 866.965.0400

Minor Issue With Wheel Lug Brush

Not sure if this has been already brought up, but I recently purchased (and used) Adam's wheel lug brush and found a small issue with it when using it to brush / scrub my calipers. The metal ring at the base of the bristtles hits against the alloy rim. I wrapped the ring with electrical tape for now, but I would like to suggest the ring on future brushes come with a coating of some type.

Feel free to move this if I incorrectly posted it. THX

I agree I think it should be changed to a plastic tpu of some sort, the metal rusts right by the bristles for me no matter what I do and Ive had a few brushes, overall I am happy with it though

I believe there are some plastic ones out there, but they fail... This was found to be the best design. I believe a piece of shrink wrap over the metal crimp color would be the way to resolve the bare metal issue.

The adhesive in the tape won't last long when used with GWC and APC. :willy:

I used a few wraps of 3M self-fusing rubber electrical tape in the barrel of mine. No need to worry about adhesive breaking down over time and/or picking up debris and the few wraps adds enough cushioning that it no longer worries me when it touches anything it shouldn't.

Use it as a lug brush as specified and buy the wheel woolies for the rest of the rim and calipers. And done

technically its a "trim and lug nut brush" and Adam demonstrates in the vol 7 videos how to use it to clean not only calipers and the smaller areas of your wheels but also shows its is used to clean badges, around side mirrors and other difficult to reach places

THX Guys

Lots of great ideas / choices. I don't like using ANYTHING containing metal around my cars when detailing. If "tool" aint wood, plastic or rubber (or rubber coated) it aint goin near my "ladies". :lol: