Customer Service 866.965.0400

Date Stamped Products

Corners

Question

I only have myself to blame for this little boo boo but all my products are still sitting in my den. There are still times the night temp's get below 50 degrees.

I have rows and rows of products all lined up in the order I received them. That way I could use the oldest first.

I "use" to love little neighbor kids until our neighbor brought her little son over to have a visit with my wife. I'm down town doing things.

I get back home, go to my den to fire up the puter. :help:"All" of my neatly lined up products looked like somebody got a "strike" at a bowling alley.

When I placed my first order for Adam's products, read on the forum about the life span of the products and knew I had to keep track of them. I then looked at the bottom of each bottle/can for some kind of an expiration date, finding none.

I now have 67 bottle and canned products in a heap. Needless to say, I know which products I have been using. However it's the ones I received over a period of time that has me now totally :mad:.

I don't know what it would cost Adam to have his products date stamped on the bottom of each one but it sure would be handy if they ever got out of order such as mine did. Just a suggestion on my part! :thumbsup:

When my detailing shop is completed, gas heat will allow me to keep the products in it all year around. Additionally I had planned to build shelves for each product where they could not be knocked over.

Life is Good~ :rockon:

14 answers to this question

Just use a sharpie when they arrive at your house and mark the bottom. The cost of that little step alone is priccccccccey.

Well Mook I didn't think Adam could get it done for free and it goes without saying I wouldn't expect him to pay some outrageous prices to get it done.

Additionally you are right. A sharpie would be applicable. However, and not at all times, but I've marked many bottles with different types of things and it seems, over a period of time they become smeared due to many factors.

I couldn't begin to describe what I am building for my detail shop. However what it basically will be is wooden slots where each different product will have its own slot. Width will depend on product size as well as the length of each slot. I'm making small cuts in the top of each board, just back from the very front, so I can put a wooden divider across the front of each slot. When I take a bottle of product out, instead of always having to slide all of them to the back when I go to replace the bottle I'm using, it will simply go back into the first slot in the front. If any of that rambling makes any sense.

I know on the bottom of each plastic bottle of products it says: "plasticbottle.com and then two or three other coded things which all are "raised" up just a litle. Just thought the company that is making the products could imprint an expiration date like you see on the bottoms of most canned goods, etc.

This little sweet neighbor kid is the only one I know that could wreck a cave. :D

Well darn, if you're worried some products are too old, ship them to me... :D

Sorry to hear about that, I forget about that too. All my products are kept between 68 and 72 degrees but it is still a good idea to shake them fairly often if they aren't being used. Dated product would be awesome, but in my case I would date the OEM gallon/bulk containers as my smaller bottles get used up fairly quick.

I like the idea of the sharpie marker or using a label maker.

I find that sharpie markers tends to fade or wear off over time too... but only on bottles that are being used.

Look forward to being able to see pics of your new detailing shop when you finish!!

:cheers:

Well Mook I didn't think Adam could get it done for free and it goes without saying I wouldn't expect him to pay some outrageous prices to get it done.

Additionally you are right. A sharpie would be applicable. However, and not at all times, but I've marked many bottles with different types of things and it seems, over a period of time they become smeared due to many factors.

Actually, it would be a sizable investment to add that to the bottles, whether its a label, imprinting onto the label, or even imprinting onto the bottle.

Even these methods can smear and rub off..

I know this because this is what I do for a living :cheers: