Customer Service 866.965.0400

Staining from MF Utility towel?

GCvette

Question

Hi all,

My wife and I was cleaning tar & bugs off her Pearl White Escalade. We were using MF Utility Towels with all Purpose Cleaner. We were rinsing off after each panel being done in shade. I noticed a tint reside left after rinsing from the cleaning liquid and the black from the Towel. This will not come off, I washed the car, used Washless spray then try Revive Polish, no change. The paint is stained. It is similar to a dripping outline. From the dye in the Towel in combo with the Cleaner, I assume. Looks similar to the effects of bird droppings on the finish. Anyone else ever have this problem? This happened in several areas. What do I need to try to remove these? Porter and correction polish?

Thanks

Update, will come off with APC and much elbow grease with MFT. More work than all the rest.

Edited by GCvette

3 answers to this question

I wouldn't recommend using the Utility Towels on paint. Both for staining and general lack of great quality purposes. Only use WW, GWT, Single Softs, and Double Softs on your paint.

I've never had it need APC to come off. Chances are, that was smudged tar smeared all over the paint, mixed in with towel stains.

Mook

I had the same problem with my utility towels when scrubbing grey leather seats on a navigator last week.. I was using leather and interior cleaner and it left a slight black tint on the seats.. I had to keep changing towels frequently, good thing I have a pile of them!!