Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing Injury!

JBlack151

I know a couple of others have mentioned it but ice it, no heating pad. If this is your first time to put out your back, unfortunately it will probably begin to happen more often.

I feel ya man. I am 34 and for the past 10 yrs I put out my back 2-3 times a yr. At the dr, they'll prescribe a muscle relaxer and anti inflammatory. at the chiropractor, they'll do an adjustment which does feel good but it is temporary. You would probably have to go back a couple of times a week for a couple of weeks. I have not done the accupuncture but give it a try.

Oh, one thing a dr and chiroprator will tell you is to build up your core if it is lower back pain. I am sure my core would be just fine if I kept doing my daily exercises but who has 5-10 mins to spare during the day, ha!

Good luck

Yeah I meant to throw an ice pack on it. I have an appointment this afternoon with a chiropractor who also offers acupunture. Hope it works out. Just going to walk in there and tell him/her straight up, "Fix this, because I need to get my shine on this weekend........oh...pretty please!"

Went to the chiropractor yesterday evening. I have 2 herniated discs. He put some electric pads on for a bit, cracked the heck out of my back and gave me a brace. I feel somewhat better and have an appointment again tomorrow.

If I don't see any better results after the next visit then I'm going for acupuncture.

Edited by JBlack151

**UPDATE** So I went to my first acupuncture appointment this afternoon for my 2 herniated discs. I can't believe how great I feel after a few hours. She did a process called "cupping" where they place these glass cups on your back then suck the air out. It gathers all the toxins from the effected area then they place a needle in there to relieve the toxins. There were also just needles (without the cups) in my ankles, calves, ears, head and neck along with some electric therapy pads on my upper back. That process took about 30 minutes. After all that I got a deep tissue massage on my legs, back and neck for another 30 minutes.

I will let you know my back is horribly disgusting from these cups right now. I have about ten or twelve 3" bright red swollen marks on my lower back. I'm sure if you look up "cupping" there will be some pictures. I don't want to spoil anyones dinner tonight!

I made an appointment for next Tuesday to see her again, however she mentioned to me I'd probably almost feel no more pain and I can cancel at anytime. What doctor says that to somebody! :banana:

Last night I went to my 2nd and final acupuncture appointment for my 2 herniated discs in my lower back. I probably didn't need to go since I was feeling about 90% better, but felt it was worth a follow up and receive some more advice.

The cupping process was less intense and she found a lot less toxins coming into the cups from my blood. She used more needles this time though. Overall she feels my recovery is right on track and this is because I followed her advise and it's been 6 days without coffee, dairy, red meat or alcohol after the first visit. I can't believe how well I am doing with this part. I have 2 weeks left though, then I can moderately enjoy some of those things again.

This morning I feel great. I'm a little sore, but that's from the deep tissue massage I got in my upper body since she found some of the pain from my lower back injury had traveled to my upper back and shoulders.

If any of you experience any kind of pains or injuries, I would HIGHLY recomment having acupuncture done. :2thumbs: