Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone been on a cruise?

jwright0291

Love them, Ive been on three Carnival cruises and Im only 29. Do as much or as little as you want, see multiple places and its way cheaper than a destination vacation. I highly recommend them, just make sure you plan around hurricane season, I have had a cruise cancelled due to a hurricane.

Why stay away from Carnival?

In my experience in talking with others that have been on them and talking to people that were on a Carnival Cruise while in port, they had mentioned that some of the stuff wasn't up to par for lack of a better word.

I have always got the feeling in talking to people that Carnival was bottom of the barrell so to speak. Not saying that you wouldn't have a good time, just the perception that I have gotten in talking to others. I could be wrong, but I bet if you shopped prices you would find that they are the cheaper one when it comes to cruise lines.

Here are the two ships that I have been on. Enjoyed both of them, but like I said above Celebrity is too formal for me. Both my cruises were in the Caribbean.

Celebrity Infinity | Celebrity Cruises

Monarch of the Seas - Royal Caribbean International

The link below shows the largest cruise ships in the world.

Allure of the Seas | Oasis Of The Seas

Edited by LFairbanks

I've sailed on Sun Viking, Song of Norway and the Nordic Prince, all RCCL ships. That was in the late eighties and early nineties. The newer ships are way the heck too large for me. I thoroughly enjoyed cruising on RCCL.

One cruise for me (and 3 transatlantic trips, but I was too young for those to count). We did Charleston to Bermuda on Carnival. I liked some things and didn't like others. but overall it was good. We were on an older ship so it did not have all the 'cool' new amenities, but there were plenty of place to eat and drink, so our crew of 21 had a good time. I would not recommend the voyage we took, unless you just wanted to go to Bermuda to shop! But we would like to go back to Bermuda on a different itinerary.

We did a Royal Caribbean and LOVED it.

We got a Junior Suite and MAN was it nice. We had a balcony and a nice big room, bathroom, and sitting area. Plus the suite perks are nice too. People always say "don't get a nice room, you don't spend any time in it." THAT is BS. You don't spend time in it because it's small and cramped and has no windows. When you have a room like we had, we enjoyed spending time in it. ALONE!!!! lol

We'll do another cruise someday again in the future...

In my experience in talking with others that have been on them and talking to people that were on a Carnival Cruise while in port, they had mentioned that some of the stuff wasn't up to par for lack of a better word.

I have always got the feeling in talking to people that Carnival was bottom of the barrell so to speak. Not saying that you wouldn't have a good time, just the perception that I have gotten in talking to others. I could be wrong, but I bet if you shopped prices you would find that they are the cheaper one when it comes to cruise lines.

Here are the two ships that I have been on. Enjoyed both of them, but like I said above Celebrity is too formal for me. Both my cruises were in the Caribbean.

Celebrity Infinity | Celebrity Cruises

Monarch of the Seas - Royal Caribbean International

The link below shows the largest cruise ships in the world.

Allure of the Seas | Oasis Of The Seas

Was coming in here to say EXACTLY what he just said. Carnival caters to a different crowd. I've been on both lines a couple times. Carnival never measured up to RC. Carnival I was always dealing with drunk stupid college kids. That's just not fun. People being stupid and trying to throw each other in the pool, hitting on everything that had 2 legs, being loud and obnoxious, etc.