Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help removing paint transfer

6.0DSLPWR

Question

I have a friend who's car was some how hit in a parking lot and some white paint was transferred to the door handle on her car. She knows how I take care of my truck and has asked me if I know of some way to remove the paint. I am wondering if a Adams Product would be able to remove the paint since it is on the door handle which I assume is plastic. If you guys have any ideas please let me know. Thanks

EDIT-I have quite a few adams products but I have no machine products. I feel like a machine product may be the best to remove it but am wondering if clay or revive would remove it?

IMG-20120619-00224.jpg

Edited by 6.0DSLPWR

3 answers to this question

For paint transfers I first wash the area, then I will use Revive Polish. Revive will usually remove most of the transfer. After Revive Polish has removed what it can then I use The Clay Bar.

After these two steps I have found that most paint transfer is gone. What remains is the scratch or scuff in the clear coat. If you have SSHR then use this to work on removing any scratch, will take some elbow grease without a machine but you should be able to make it look much better.

:thumbsup:

Dave's doing what I do too for removing paint transfer. However, I start with SHR on the Flip pad or the Orange Hex Grip pad then follow up with Revive, again, on the Flip pad or Blue Hex Grip pad.

Unless its deep into the paint, I prefer to remove it by hand vs machine.

Like Dave said, even though I have machines, I won't use them to remove paint transfers. If I were to use a machine to remove the paint transfer I feel that the paint being removed could be a 'grit' that then gets ground into the surrounding paint at the high speed - creating more damage. Just my theory.

Using SSHR is a good idea! Just be careful that if you the pad at the beginning and at the end -that the pad doesn't have grit in it that would scratch when trying to remove the scratch.

Machine is just used only after the transferred paint is removed.

Edited by DaveVY