Customer Service 866.965.0400

MTM lance/PW combo question

GXPaycheck

Question

I posted this elsewhere but decided to make it it's own thread.

69729c6c-f20a-46c0-95ba-314bcd122d1a_400.jpg

nice price too @ 170.00

DSCN2054.jpg

I bought the MTM lance and this PW. For you guys that are using this setup, how are you hooking them up? The silver fitting that comes on the lance doesn't seem to fit anything. I would like to use some QD's but I can't find any that fit the hose.

25 answers to this question

I posted this elsewhere but decided to make it it's own thread.

DSCN2054.jpg

I bought the MTM lance and this PW. For you guys that are using this setup, how are you hooking them up? The silver fitting that comes on the lance doesn't seem to fit anything. I would like to use some QD's but I can't find any that fit the hose.

There are 2 different size connectors that Iam aware of. One won't fit with the other. If you go to Home Depot you will see some with a piece of red tape around them and the other with a piece of yellow tape around them. I use the ones with the red tape, if I remember correctly. Seems to be the common one from my experience. Just buy another and change it out. Maybe take your female connector to the store to match it up. Put some teflon tape back on it like you see in your pic too.

Notice the two in the links that I have below. Yours looks like the first one. You probably need the second one. You can buy just that piece you need by itself to. Hope that helps.

5-Piece 3/8 in. Automotive-Style Quick-Connector Kit-HDA20700AV at The Home Depot

4-Piece Quick Connect Kit-HDA20100AV at The Home Depot

Edited by LFairbanks

Here's my issue. I have this lance setup, but the problem is finding a QD that attaches to the hose.

The lance came with this fitting that allows me to attach it to the units existing trigger:

658837f2.jpg

But this is what I want to do:

pressurewasher2.jpg

My problem is I cannot find a QD that fits the hose and the original trigger. The inner diameter of the sleeve is bigger than the QD's I have found.

f2ff0372.jpg

98a21734.jpg

The diameter of the center piece and it's O ring on the PW is a couple MM larger than the ones on aftermarket parts and I'm afraid they will

leak.

This is the female QD I got at HD and the inlet wont fit over the O ring on the hose.

33a8167e.jpg

Edited by GXPaycheck

You need the male part of the below:

1/4 in. Male to 1/4 in. Female Quick-Connect NPT Coupler-AP31038A at The Home Depot

I looked all over and this is the part... in HD they will be zipped together in a cubby box (usually) near the PW section.

This will fit on the end of the wand... the only way I could figure out how to connect the lance...

When I set my new pressure washer up, I bought all the quick connects and wand from here.

Pressure Washer Quick Couplers | Pressure Washer Accessories | Pressure Washers | Northern Tool + Equipment

Use the live chat and show them the pics, they will find the right parts for you

But did you use this particular unit? It appears this manufacturer uses an odd size connector. A 22mm adapter will not fit over the shaft.

Checked at Norther Tool and HD, no aftermarket fittings work. Looks like this unit will be going back to the store.

Edited by GXPaycheck

In your pic with the connector that you picked up at HD is there a big difference in it not fitting over the O-ring? I was just wondering if you lubed it up if it would go over it? Lube both the O-ring and the connector that you picked up. Just a thought.

In your pic with the connector that you picked up at HD is there a big difference in it not fitting over the O-ring? I was just wondering if you lubed it up if it would go over it? Lube both the O-ring and the connector that you picked up. Just a thought.

Lube wont do it. The metal parts are different sizes. Manufacturer wont answer the phone, so I assume it takes a 25-26 mm adapter.

EDIT: It's a 15mm inner sleeve. Adapters are 14mm.

Edited by GXPaycheck

But did you use this particular unit? It appears this manufacturer uses an odd size connector. A 22mm adapter will not fit over the shaft.

Checked at Norther Tool and HD, no aftermarket fittings work. Looks like this unit will be going back to the store.

I did! [i have the PW and the lance.. working] The answer lies before you :-)

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

Have you tried going to an actual plumbing store, like Standard Plumbing?

There's one in town. I will run by and see what they have!

Thanx!

I did! [i have the PW and the lance.. working] The answer lies before you :-)

Got a pic or description of the parts you used?

You need the male part of the below:

1/4 in. Male to 1/4 in. Female Quick-Connect NPT Coupler-AP31038A at The Home Depot

I looked all over and this is the part... in HD they will be zipped together in a cubby box (usually) near the PW section.

This will fit on the end of the wand... the only way I could figure out how to connect the lance...

Brian,

^^^^^This! :-)

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

1) Remove fitting from lance

2) Insert QC I specified above, use Teflon tape to secure QC

3) Remove tip from end of wand

4) Insert QC/lance on end of wand

5) Aim at car and depress trigger

6) Repeat until car is covered in thick lather

OK Mike, I see what you are doing now. You are adding the foamer to the end of the wand. I've been trying to add it to a separate handle. I wasn't keen on having the bottle so far away from the trigger (cg issues). Attaching to a separate handle leaves it only about 18 inches long.

I did verify that mine has has a 15mm connector (diameter at the O ring) and the connectors are 14mm. I might have a lead on a 14-15mm adapter that will allow me to use the new handle.

I guess gas pw's use the smaller size so this isn't a problem.

Maybe I will get it to work after all!

Edited by GXPaycheck

UPDATE

I did manage to find a M22-M22 adapter with an ID reducer from 15mm to 14mm. Unfortunately I had to buy a hose to go with it (it's an accessory). I will try to find out who supplies them.

I now have it all working the way I wanted. The short foam wand is a lot easier to use.

1) Remove fitting from lance

2) Insert QC I specified above, use Teflon tape to secure QC

3) Remove tip from end of wand

4) Insert QC/lance on end of wand

5) Aim at car and depress trigger

6) Repeat until car is covered in thick lather

So for this particular pw all I need is the washer, the mtm lance and the 1/4 male and 1/4 female qc?

So for this particular pw all I need is the washer, the mtm lance and the 1/4 male and 1/4 female qc?

The MTM lance, the 1/4 male qc (HD sells them as a pair). This is if you want to use the lance on the end of the wand into the female qc connector.

Hope this helps,

Mike

The MTM lance, the 1/4 male qc (HD sells them as a pair). This is if you want to use the lance on the end of the wand into the female qc connector.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Okay cool, the Tip of the sprayer uses a 1/4 female qc coupler then right? I thought the lance came with a 1/4 male qc must be a bit different. Thanks again

Okay cool, the Tip of the sprayer uses a 1/4 female qc coupler then right? I thought the lance came with a 1/4 male qc must be a bit different. Thanks again

The male qc that comes with the MTM doesn't fit into the PW wand (doesn't lock in). The Male qc u listed below is the correct fitting. Be sure to use the tape I suggested as well. Mine has been working fine for months (still testing dif soaps).

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

It does but doesn't work with the PW the OP listed (and I have) The qc that comes with it won't lock in..,

Sorry, the female or male end doesn't work? What I understand from your posts are all I need is to thread a new 1/4 male qc (the link given to HD) to the mtm and then it is ready to attach to the end of the pw wand if I buy this particular washer. Obviously I have to buy a female/male qc as the pair but then you said in a previous post that you replace both the male and female qc's. IDC what I have to do as long as all I need is this particular PW and the male/female qc's you linked to. I already have the mtm. Thanks :bow:

These

Edited by jordan572